Personal, Professional, Academic, and Clinical Skill Building
Ambassadors will have the opportunity to build personal, professional, academic, and clinical skills through several different program offerings.
- Weekly, 90-minute workshops led by CDU staff/faculty and community leaders that aim to introduce students to new academic skills, community organizations, professional development, and more!
- Virtual case studies led by a medical preceptor that allows Ambassadors to simulate direct patient care problem solving through the iHuman platform
- Physician and physician Assistant Shadowing with our AltaMed partners
- Clinical care through regular volunteering with CDU’s Mobile Health Outreach Program to offer health interventions to communities throughout Los Angeles
- Year-long research with CDU’s SOAR Program under the supervision of a Program Investigator
Throughout the academic year, HCOP aims to ease the financial burden of entering a health career by providing free opportunities to gain important clinical experience, offering support with graduate and medical test preparation, and providing each Ambassador with a scholarship/stipend.