The following are links to continuing education resources related to COVID-19:
- Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education COVID-19 Clinician Resources: This page provides a list of accredited continuing education (CE) activities and additional resources that can help clinicians respond to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) public health emergency.
- Alliance for Continuing Education in the Health Professions: This page provides resources pertaining to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- National Academy of Medicine: This page provides resources specific to COVID-19 from the National Academies.
- UCLA Webinar – “COVID-19 and Incarceration: What is Happening/What are the Key Questions/What Is to Be Done”: This link is a webinar recently hosted by UCLA.
The following are links to continuing education resources featuring information provided by:
Professional Membership Organizations
- Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) – Accreditation board for ACCME accredited organizations. It is the mission of the ACCME to identify, develop and promote standards for quality CME utilized by physicians in their maintenance of competency and incorporation of new knowledge to improve quality medical care for patients and their communities.
- American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) - The largest full-service national professional membership organization for Nurse Practitioners (NP) of all specialties and accrediting agency for providers of continuing NP education.
- American Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) - National agency for the accreditation of professional degree programs in pharmacy and providers of continuing pharmacy education.
- American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) - Promotes excellence in nursing and health care globally through credentialing programs and accredits continuing nursing education organizations.
- American Psychological Association (APA) - Largest scientific and professional organization representing psychology in the U.S. and accrediting agency for providers of continuing education for psychologists.
- State of California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN) – Agency responsible for protect the health and safety of consumers by regulating the practice of registered nurses. CA BRN also serves an accrediting agency for state-accredited providers of continuing nursing education.
- Alliance for Continuing Education in the Health Professions (ACEHP) - Dedicated to accelerating excellence in health care performance through quality education, advocacy, and collaboration.
- American Association for Medical Society Executives (AAMSE) - Advances the profession of medicine through education, communication of knowledge, leadership development and collaboration.
- American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS) - Assists 24 approved medical specialty boards in the development and use of standards in the ongoing evaluation and certification of physicians.
- American Medical Association (AMA) - Dedicated to ensuring sustainable physician practices that result in better health outcomes for patients. The AMA’s Physician's Recognition Award (PRA) recognizes physicians who demonstrate their commitment to staying current with advances in medicine by participating in certified continuing medical education (CME) activities.
- Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) - Represents all 141 accredited U.S. and 17 accredited Canadian medical schools; nearly 400 major teaching hospitals and health systems, including 51 Department of Veterans Affairs medical centers; and 90 academic and scientific societies.
- Community Health Council (CHC) – Advocates to eliminate health disparities by expanding healthcare coverage, increasing access to quality healthcare and improving the environment for under-resourced communities through the development of policy and systems change.
- Council of Medical and Specialty Societies (CMSS) - Provides an independent forum for the discussion by medical specialists of issues of national interest and mutual concern.
- Health and Medicine Division (HMD) of the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine - HMD was previously the Institute of Medicine (IOM). HMD works to provide unbiased and authoritative advice to decision makers and the public to help those in the government and private sector make informed health decisions.
- Society for Academic Continuing Education (SACME) - Dedicated to the advancement of continuing medical education for the ultimate improvement of patient care.
Los Angeles County Entities
- LA County Department of Health Services (LAC – DHS) - Ensures access to high-quality, patient-centered, cost-effective health care to Los Angeles County residents through direct services at DHS facilities and through collaboration with community and university partners.
- LA County Department of Mental Health (LAC-DMH) - Committed to serving, improving and making a difference in the lives of Los Angeles County residents diagnosed with mental illness.
- LA County Department of Public Health (LAC-DPH) - Protects health, prevents disease, and promotes the health and well-being for all persons in Los Angeles County through a network of public health professionals throughout the community.
- Office of Minority Health (OMH) - Dedicated to improving the health of racial and ethnic minority populations through the development of health policies and programs that will help eliminate health disparities.
- State of California, Medical Board of California - To protect health care consumers through the proper licensing and regulation of physicians and surgeons and certain allied health care professions and through the vigorous, objective enforcement of the Medical Practice Act, and to promote access to quality medical care through the Board's licensing and regulatory functions.
- AXIS Community Health – Dedicated to promoting the health and well-being of the Tri-Valley community by providing medical and mental care that is responsive, affordable and of the highest quality.
- Southern California Clinical and Translational Science Institute (SC CTSI) – Providing resources that help investigators move discoveries through the research pipeline and into sustainable public health solutions.
Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science Health Sciences Library - Provides exemplary health information resources and services that are essential for the provision of quality educational, research, and clinical services to Charles Drew University faculty, students, staff, community, and affiliates.
Outside Organizations Providing CME/CE Opportunities
- University of Southern California
- LA County Medical Association
- UCLA Office of Continuing Medical Education
Friday Noon Lecture Series held via Zoom Meetings
Below are recordings from the Friday Noon Lecture Series held via Zoom Meetings. Please note that learners may only claim CME credit for attendance during the live session. CME credit cannot be claimed for watching the recordings. The recordings are being provided solely as a resource.
- Disrupt Aging – Password: FNLS_7/30
- A Conversation with Risa Lavizzo-Mourey – Password: FNLS_7/23
- Public Health Equity: Strategies During a Pandemic – Password: FNLS_7/16
- Same Song, Different Melody: Lessons from Two Pandemics – Password: FNLS_7/9
- The Cobb Scholars Program: An Innovative Strategy to Build Personal Research Capacity – Password: FNLS_6/25
- Lifestyle Medicine: Promoting Wellness in the Patient/Provider Relationship – Password: FNLS_5/14
- Addressing Health Equity Through Advocacy: How Can I Change the World – Password: FNLS_4/30
- Medical Approach to International Travel – Password: FNLS_4/23
- So Much Care, So Little Health: Improving Outcomes & Affordability in US Health Care – Password: FNLS_4/16
- Challenges to Professionalism in a Pandemic, and Lessons Learned – Password: FNLS_4/9
- The Impact of Women’s Health and Infant Mortality in Underserved Communities – Password: FNLS_3/26
- Elevating Equity and Reducing Disparities in L.A. County – Password: FNLS_3/19
- The Vanishing Borders Between Business, Medicine and Politics – Password: FNLS_2/26
- The Role of Female Headed Households Caring for Children and No Spouse in Gentrification in Los Angeles – Password: FNLS_2/12
- War, Migration and HIV/AIDS Password: FNLS_1/29
- COVID-19 Vaccine Resources & Communications Password: FNLS_1/22
- Obstetric Fistula: Solutions for a Devastating and Neglected Global Health Inequity – Password: FNLS_12/18
- Social Determinants of Health in Urban and Underserved Communities: Diminished Returns Due to Structural Racism – Password: None
- Tuberculosis (TB) and Xhosa Men in South Africa – Password: FNLS_11/20
- Liaison Committee on Medical Education Update: Medical Education Innovation and Accreditation – Password: FNLS_10/30
- Designing and Implementing Randomized Clinical Trials (RCTs) in Drug Addiction Research – Password: 7.DsA&fM
- The Global -- Active Learning Curriculum: A New Approach to the Teaching of Medicine for the 21st Century – Password: FNLS_9/25
- Medical Nutrition in Non-alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (NAFLD) – Password: FNLS_6/26
- US Tobacco 21 is Paving the Way for a Tobacco Endgame – No Password Required
- Coping with COVID: Managing Stress and Anxiety During Coronavirus – Password: FNLS_7/24
- The Dimensions of Wellness: Maintaining Well-being During COVID – Password: FNLS_7/31
- Biology, Pathophysiology, and Epidemiology of COVID-19 (SARS-COV-2) and Its Disproportionate Impact on Communities of Color – Password: FNLS_9/18
- Ethics in the Time of Pandemics – Password: FNLS_10/23
College of Medicine
Friday Noon Lecture Series Power Point Presentations