Transfer Students

Transfer to CDU 

Interested in transferring college credits?  Students who have completed college courses at a regionally accredited institution can have those courses reviewed for transfer credit into their desired program at CDU.

  • Compton Community College
  • San Gabriel Valley Vocational School
  • Southwest Community College
  • El Camino Community College

A maximum of 63 units can be transferred from a regionally accredited institution toward a Charles R. Drew University's bachelor degree. The maximum transfer credit acceptable for the associate degree is up to 50% of the total units required for the program. A maximum of 12 units can be transferred toward the Master of Science degree in Nursing, and a maximum of 6 units can be transferred to the Master of Public Health degree in Urban Health Disparities or the Master of Science degree in Biomedical Sciences.

The Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree completion program has a 36-credit required course of study in-residence (32 credits of Nursing courses and 4- credits of General Education Courses). The required course of study includes a capstone course that synthesizes baccalaureate student learning outcomes. The required course of study fulfills only part of the 120- minimum-credit requirement for Bachelor of Science degree completion. Students could transfer up to 84 credits of previous, relevant course work.

For undergraduate transfer students, CDU has established articulation agreements with:

CDU stands ready to assist students from Heald College with transfer options to undergraduate programs in Biomedical Sciences (Bachelor of Science) and Radiologic Technology (Associate of Science). Please click on the link below to learn about courses approved for transfer

For transfer credit information about the Medical Education program, please contact the Charles R. Drew/UCLA Office of Student Affairs at (323) 563-4888.

Admission is granted into the first year of the Medical Education Program only. The Charles R. Drew/UCLA Medical Education Program does not accept transfer students.