The Financial Aid Office at Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science is here to assist you in meeting your education costs. In addition to federal financial aid, all students should look into applying for CDU and external scholarships. Scholarships are a great way to minimize your educational loan debt or help meet the expenses your federal financial aid does not cover. Below are helpful links to get you started on your scholarship search. There are also many organizations that sponsor scholarships, such as corporations, civic organizations, state, medical organizations, and other groups that may not be listed here. It does take time to research and apply for scholarships; however, that time can be beneficial to you. If you need assistance in applying for any scholarship, please stop by the Financial Aid Office or contact us at (323) 563-4824 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please keep in mind that all scholarships received MUST be reported to the Financial Aid Office and will be included as part of your financial aid package. Federal regulations require scholarships to be used in determining your eligibility for federal financial aid. In some cases, scholarships may reduce the amount you qualify for in need based financial aid, such as the Subsidized Stafford Loan.
Please visit the following sites to review scholarship opportunities across the nation. Many of these sites provide opportunities for students to complete a profile to have scholarships sent to them periodically throughout the year.
- Fast Web Scholarships
- Scholarships – List of College Scholarships and Applications (studentscholarships.org)
- Student Financial Aid Search Engine: Find & Apply For Financial Aid to Pay for College (collegescholarships.org)
- Find Scholarships for College Students | Cappex
- Scholarship Search – Start Your Free College Scholarship Search Here – Free Scholarships, Grants, Financial Aid at Scholarships.com
- Providing Access to College Scholarships | Scholarship America
- Calmoura Scholarship
Estimate Your Cost
Use our Net Price Calculator to estimate your financial aid.