Master of Science, Biomedical Sciences
The Master of Science in Biomedical Sciences is a one-year degree program formulated to prepare students for careers in advanced health professions or for continuation on to Ph.D. level.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- One of the following admission exams should have the minimum score or better (MCAT & GRE are recommended, not required):
- MCAT: 24, MCAT 2015 498
- GRE: 300
- DAT: 18
- PCAT: 70
- OAT: 300
- All prerequisite courses must be a grade of “C” or better and must be completed prior to matriculation.
- General Chemistry with lab: 1 year or 8 units
- General Biology with lab: 1 year or 8 units
- Organic Chemistry with lab: 1 year or 8 units
- Calculus/Statistics 1 semester or 3 units
- Personal Statement
- A personal essay describing the student’s motivations for applying to the program including how the completion of a degree at CDU offers you an opportunity to serve an underserved community.
- Statement must be two-three pages typed (double-spaced, maximum 750 words).
- Threes (3) recommendation letters, academic/professional (recommendation form is required)
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Important dates and deadlines
- Application opens: January 1, 2023
- Application closes: June 30th, 2023
For the 2023-2024 application cycle, all applications and supporting documentation should be completed and submitted through PostBacCAS.
International Student Applicants
We do not require a separate application or additional fee for international applicants. Students applying to the Master of Science in Biomedical Sciences program should be prepared to meet all of the admissions requirements as outlined above.
Application Requirements for all applicants submitting coursework outside of the USA:
- Coursework completed outside the US must be evaluated for US course equivalency from one of the following services (course-by-course evaluation required):
- World Education Services (WES)
- Josef Silny & Associates (JSA)
- Global Credential Evaluators (GCE)
- International Education Research Foundation (IERF)
- Academic Credentials Evaluation Institute (ACEI)
- American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admission Officers, International Education Service (AACRAO IES)
If you need assistance with immigration (I-20 form, F-1 visa, SEVIS, etc.), our Office of International Affairs will be able to assist you. You can contact CDU’s Primary Designated School Official (PDSO) and Director, Office of International Affairs Dr. Lejeune Lockett email@example.com or (323) 357-3458.