Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) Entry-Level Master’s
The Master of Science in Nursing – Entry Level Master’s Program is designed for applicants holding a baccalaureate from other fields. This allows pre-licensure nursing students to study basic nursing knowledge and science at the graduate level concurrently with graduate core content to prepare for licensure as a registered nurse.
Students graduating from the ELM track will be able to assume the role of a direct provider of care, nursing and administrator or nursing faculty member.
- A Non-Nursing Bachelor degree from a regionally accredited college/university (see below requirements for international students)
- Official transcripts from all regionally accredited post-secondary schools attended
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 is on a 4.0 scale (applies to Cumulative and Science GPA)
- Complete all prerequisite courses with a grade of “B” or better prior to matriculation. Science prerequisite courses must be taken within (7) years of the submission of application.
- English (3 units)
- Sociology (3 units)
- Psychology (3 units)*
- Nutrition (3 units)
- Human Anatomy with lab (4 units)*
- Human Physiology with lab (4 units)*
- Microbiology with lab (4 units)
- Statistics (3 units)
- Speech/Communications (3 units)
- Official TEAS Admission Assessment Exam
- Minimum of 75% overall cumulative and individual module score (includes module, submodule, and subsection scores 75% minimum requirement)
- Distance Testing Department ID: 201622
- TEAS Admission Assessment Exam Guidelines
- For a list of upcoming TEAS Exam dates, please see the chart at the bottom of this page.
- To register, visit the ATI TEAS website at: http://www.atitesting.com
- Personal Goal Statement
- Must have the following
- 1-2 pages
- 12 point font (Times New Roman, Calibri, or Arial)
- Who are you as a person?
- What is your background?
- What is your motivation/passion in pursuing a Nursing Career?
- What do you plan to do with your MSN degree once graduating from CDU?
- Must have the following
- Recommendations should address the following areas:
- Relationships with work (paid or voluntary) associates
- Work competence
- Communication and interpersonal skills with persons of diverse backgrounds
- Leadership skills or potential
- Values, ethical standards, responsibility and initiative
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Selected applicants will be invited to continue the application process by participating in an in-person interview. Selected applicants will be contacted by phone or email.
- Background Check
- All students will need to have a clear criminal background check within a month of being accepted into the program in order to start the program. While in the program, a clear background check is required to progress through program. Some agencies also require live scan fingerprinting in addition to background checks. In order to do so the Social Security Number is needed.
- Apply now!
International Student Applicants
We do not require a separate application or additional fee for international applicants. Students applying to the entry level Master of Science in Nursing program should be prepared to meet all of the admissions requirements as outlined above.
Application Requirements for all applicants submitting coursework outside of the USA:
- Coursework completed outside the US must be evaluated for US course equivalency from one of the following services (course-by-course evaluation required):
- World Education Services (WES)
- Josef Silny & Associates (JSA)
- Global Credential Evaluators (GCE)
- International Education Research Foundation (IERF)
- Academic Credentials Evaluation Institute (ACEI)
- American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admission Officers, International Education Service (AACRAO IES)
If you need assistance with immigration (I-20 form, F-1 visa, SEVIS, etc.), our Office of International Affairs will be able to assist you. You can contact CDU’s Primary Designated School Official (PDSO) and Director, Office of International Affairs Dr. Lejeune Lockett firstname.lastname@example.org or (323) 357-3458.
TEAS Exam Dates
|Month||Day(s)||Day of the Week|
|July 2023||12th, 19th, 26th||Wednesday|
|August 2023||9th, 23rd||Wednesday|
|September 2023||6th, 20th||Wednesday|
|October 2023||4th, 18th||Wednesday|
|November 2023||1st, 15th, 29th||Wednesday|
|December 2023||6th, 13th||Wednesday|