Academic Senate Announces 2023 Outstanding Faculty Awards
The Offices of the Provost and Academic Senate hosted the 10th Annual CDU Outstanding Faculty Awards Ceremony Dinner Reception to recognize faculty who play an important role in continuing the University’s mission.
The following awards were presented:
- Outstanding Service Award – Dr. Arthur W. Fleming and Glenda Lindsey
- Outstanding Teaching Award – Jennifer Comini
- Outstanding Research Award – Dr. Shahrzad Bazargan
- Outstanding Clinical Educator Award – Dr. Eleby Washington
- Outstanding Professor Award – Dr. Mohsen Bazargan (also recognized for his service as faculty trustee to the CDU Board of Trustees from 2017-2023)
“I would like to thank the Academic Senate for this recognition and the University for providing this opportunity. That said, I would like to dedicate this award to my father who recently passed,” said Dr. Washington, Chair of the Department of Surgery and Chair of the Faculty Executive Board for the College of Medicine. “When he went to Howard University, he was taught by a certain professor that he had an affinity for. That professor’s name was Charles R. Drew. So it is my pleasure to serve this university. The circle is complete and I thank you very much for this award.”
The event, which included food, was held in the Life Sciences Research & Nursing Education Building and brought staff and faculty together to celebrate the recipients of the 2023 Outstanding Faculty Awards.
“Faculty are the core of an academic institution. Thank you all faculty for continuing to make CDU an amazing university,” said Dr. Thomas McGee, Academic President. “Your hard work, dedication, and commitment have played a central role in the continued success of CDU.”