Admission to the MPH program is a competitive process in which each student's entire application is individually reviewed. In selecting students, the program's Admission Committee carefully considers the applicant's responses to questions regarding their interest in public health as a career and in a mission-driven University like CDU.
For admission consideration, all applicants to the MPH program must be college graduates with an earned bachelor degree from a regionally accredited college or university. The MPH program requires a minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA (out of a 4.0 scale), however, applicants with a cumulative GPA less than 3.0 are encouraged to apply and will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Applicants must submit the following admissions materials:
- An earned baccalaureate (or higher) degree from a regionally accredited university
- Online application through SOPHAS: https://sophas.liaisoncas.com/applicant-ux/#/login
- Personal goal statement (two to three pages), which should address the following:
- Interest in and potential for contributing to the field of public health
- How applicant's interests are aligned with the mission of CDU and the MPH program
- Career objectives
- Self-assessment of interpersonal skills, verbal and written skills, computer skills, and general preparation for succeeding in a graduate program in public health
- Three (3) letters of recommendation using the SOPHAS online recommendation form
- Official transcripts from all regionally accredited post-secondary institutions attended (or evidence of a U.S. equivalent baccalaureate degree submitted through the World Education Services (WES) foreign credential evaluation)
- Resume or curriculum vitae
The MPH admissions committee starts the admission review process once all the required application documents are complete and verified by SOPHAS.
Application Deadline: The MPH program accepts applications on a rolling basis, but gives priority consideration to applications completed and verified by May 1.
For any specific information on the MPH program, please contact Ms. Claudia Corleto, Program Coordinator, at email@example.com or (323) 563-5890.