Qualifications and Requirements
Please read eligibility requirements carefully.
- Be a U.S. Citizen, non-citizen national or legal permanent resident.
- Be in their junior or senior year of high school (at the time of the application).
- Have a minimum overall 3.0 GPA (on a 4.0 scale).
- Have personal medical/health insurance coverage throughout the duration of the program.
Applicants must also meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Come from racial and ethnic groups that have been shown by the National Science Foundation to be underrepresented in biomedical sciences on a national basis.
- Come from a disadvantaged background as defined by annual family income and/or be the first generation in their families to graduate from a four-year college or university.
- Diagnosed with a disability that substantially limits one or more major life activities.
- The applicant agrees with his/her mentor to work an agreed upon number of hours during the training period. Because the training period is brief, the program cannot accommodate applicants wishing to pause during their training for vacation, employment, etc.