Fall 2020 Admits
Please thoroughly read the information below and follow the next steps so you can begin your graduate studies on the right foot!
You must activate your CDU account (Password Manager) and your CDU e-mail prior to moving forward with the following steps.
STEP 1: FORWARD YOUR CDREWU.EDU ACCOUNT
Forward your CDREWU.EDU email account to your personal email account so that you do not miss out on important communication from CDU. Click here for how-to instructions. Your CDU issued email account is the primary email account for all official CDU business!
STEP 2: Activate MyCDU PORTAL ACCOUNT
Please review the Self-Service Instructions on how to activate your account. Your MyCDU is where you will register for classes and take care of other school related business.
If you experience any issues activating your account, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
STEP 3: ADVISING AND REGISTRATION
Registration opens for new students on Monday, July 13, 2020 through MyCDU. Schedule an appointment with your program to receive advisement and to discuss the possible transfer of credit from another institution, if permitted. To view the Fall 2020 Class schedule visit Office of Registration and Records to access the Schedule of Classes. The Fall 2020 Schedule of Classes will posted on the website on July 6.
Add (NSO 100 GR) when registering for your Fall 2020 Courses. More information in Step 5.
MSN- Entry Level Master’s Program
Dr. Delia Santana, Assistant Director &Director of Nursing Clinical Coordination
ELM Program Curriculum
Family Nurse Practitioner Programs
Dr. Marieles Rosario, Assistant Director
FNP Master of Science Program Curriculum
FNP Post Master’s Certificate Program Curriculum
Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
MS- Biomedical Sciences
Master of Public Health
Master of Health Science – Physician Assistant
Fall 2020 PA Program Curriculum
Post Baccalaureate Program
Please note that the first day of classes is Saturday, August 29, 2020 and last day to add/drop classes is Friday, September 11, 2020.
STEP 4: PAYING FOR CDU – Tuition & fees
After you have registered for courses, visit your MyCDU Portal, click on “Finance” and then on “ebill” for tuition and fees applied. In this section, you can either pay for your bill in-full or set up a payment plan.
Note: All tuition and fees are due by Saturday, August 29, 2020 either in full or have an approved Tuition Installment Plan on file with the Bursar’s Office. If you need assistance with making payment arrangements, please contact the Bursar’s Office at (323) 563-5824.
Federal Financial Aid: If you intend to receive federal financial aid, your Federal Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is due 30 days before classes start (August 1, 2020). Complete the FAFSA by August 1 to ensure that any aid granted can be applied in a timely manner. Use the following link to begin the process: https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa. CDU School Code: 013653
STEP 5: MANDATORY ORIENTATION & BLACKBOARD ACCESS
Due to COVID-19 and the subsequent temporary closure of the CDU campus our New Student Orientation has been converted into a virtual format through our Blackboard Learn platform. The Orientation will go live when New Student Registration opens, July 13.
When registering for your Fall 2020 courses, you are required to also register for the New Student Orientation Course (NSO 100 GR). This will add the New Student Orientation Course onto your Blackboard account for you to complete it.
New Student Orientation is a mandatory program.
- Access to your Blackboard account will be granted AFTER registering for your Fall semester courses
- After registering for the NSO course, you will receive your Blackboard account log in credentials to access the NSO course. This may take up to 24 hours from registering onto NSO course to receive credentials.
- Only students who have registered for the NSO course will receive their credentials
- Log in credentials will be sent to your CDU email account only
- The rest of your courses will populate in Blackboard on the first day of classes
- The New Student Orientation is a self-guided, independent experience with no live meetings
- You can complete the course in one sitting, or stop and return as needed
- All units must be completed for the purpose of completing the quiz at the end of the course
CDU professors use Blackboard Collaborate to host lectures. Blackboard specialist, Linda Towles, will be hosting a series of sessions where new students can join to get familiar with the platform. Join a session before the first day of classes to be prepared! To join, login in to Blackboard and go to the session
Starting July 20 – August 20:
- Mondays 1 pm – 2 pm
- Thursdays 4 pm – 5 pm
STEP 6: STUDENT HEALTH INSURANCE
In addition to Orientation, all new full-time students (9+ credits) must enroll or waive Student Health Insurance. If you do not enroll into or waive Student Health Insurance, you will be auto-enrolled. All new full-time student must complete this action before September 11. Do not wait until the last day to complete the waiver. You will be receiving an email from email@example.com with instructions on how to waive/enroll on August 5th.
For more information, including fee amounts, how to enroll, or how to waive, visit https://www.cdrewu.edu/students/Insurance.
For questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
STEP 7: PREPARING FOR ONLINE LEARNING AT CDU
CDU announced that Fall 2020 courses will conducted through hybrid instruction given the status of COVID-19. All new students will need the following upon the first day of classes:
- A desktop computer / laptop with a webcam or an external webcam & a microphone
- A reliable broadband internet connection
- Operating Systems
- Windows: 10, 8, 7
- Mac: MacOS 10.15 to 10.12, OS X 10.11, OSX 10.10
- Windows: 75 MB permanent space on the hard drive
- Mac: 120 MB permanent space on the hard drive
Please take this New Student Technology Survey.
GETTING STARTED TIMELINE OVERVIEW
- Fall Registration opens for new students-Monday, July 13
- Due date to submit FAFSA-Saturday, August 1
- Due date to pay tuition and fees, or enter payment plan, August 29
- First day of classes /Fall Semester Classes Begin Saturday, August 29
- Mandatory New Student Orientation Deadline Saturday, August 29
- Enroll or waive student health insurance by 9PM-Friday, September 11
Contact the Division of Student Affairs at email@example.com.