CDU-AltaMed Health Careers Opportunity Program (HCOP) Academy
CDU-AltaMed HCOP Ambassador Academy
CDU-AltaMed HCOP Academy is an exciting, supportive pipeline that offers our ambassadors the opportunity to serve the local community, expand their network, foster well-being, and benefit from scholarships. Our hope is that HCOP prepares Ambassadors to enter a health profession, feeling confident in their ability to succeed. Being selected for the CDU-AltaMed HCOP Ambassador Program means that you have demonstrated the ability to be determined, balance time management, maintain academic excellence, and set high career and personal development goals.
During the academic year, HCOP Ambassadors can expect to engage in the following:
- Skill-building, clinical, and wellness-themed workshops led by leaders in the CDU and Los Angeles Community
- Receiving a Mentor in their career of interest
- Being a Mentor to a younger student
- Clinical exposure opportunities
- Personal case management
- Eligibility for up to $10,000 in scholarship, contingent on meeting all program requirements.
What Does it Mean to be an HCOP Ambassador?
- Engage fully in both mandatory & voluntary enrichment activities by being punctual, prepared, & attentive during all learning opportunities.
- Participate in all events & experiences with a positive attitude, promoting cooperation and teamwork.
- Uphold CDU core examples by exhibiting genuine respect & consideration for their peers, CDU faculty, HCOP program coordinators, as well as other visiting contributors.
- Are dedicated to lifelong & service learning in an ongoing effort to become a well-rounded future healthcare professional who is focused on the needs of medically underserved communities.
This program is supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) as part of an award totaling $3,175,410 with 0 percentage financed with non-governmental sources. The contents are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the official views of, nor an endorsement, by HRSA, HHS, or the U.S. Government. For more information, please visit HRSA.gov.