Mission and Goals
The mission of the Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science (CDU) Physician Assistant (PA) Program is to support the University’s Mission and College of Science and Health Mission by preparing a diverse group of uniquely qualified physician assistants who provide excellent medical care with compassion while addressing health disparities, seeking social justice and improving the health of medically underserved communities.
- Prepare students with the knowledge and interpersonal communication skills necessary to practice with professionalism, compassion, and a commitment to patient advocacy within the healthcare system and community.
- Prepare students to be providers of culturally competent care for diverse and underserved populations, committed to the reduction of healthcare disparities.
- Train graduates that apply the concepts of preventative and therapeutic medical nutrition therapy to the comprehensive care of patients.
- Prepare students to be practitioners of evidence-based medicine, able to meet the growing need for primary care providers in a variety of medical settings.
- Provide students with a learning environment that is student-centered, engaging and innovative in its teaching approach, training students to be life-long self-directed learners.