Who is eligible to apply for the FAFSA
In order to receive Financial Aid at CDU, a student must meet all of the following requirements:
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible noncitizen
- Have a valid social security number
- Be enrolled or accepted for enrollment as a student working towards a degree in an eligible program
- Have a high school diploma or a general education diploma
- Not be in default on any student loan
- Not owe a refund for any grant
- Be making Satisfactory Academic Progress as determined by CDU
Non Resident students who are interested in being considered for state funding must meet the criteria listed above with the exception of Citizenship and Social Security Number requirements. For more information on the Dream Act, please visit the California Student Aid Commission Website.
Applying for Aid- The Process
- School Code 013653
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is open for submission annually each October 1st. The income used on the FAFSA will be from two years prior to the application year, referred to as “Prior-Prior Year” (PPY). Eligible students may use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to import their tax information.
- Create a Federal Student Aid (FSA) ID
- This FSA ID is used to sign your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online.
- If you have an existing FSA ID, you are not required to create another one.
After completing the FAFSA, your FAFSA has to be processed, and then you will receive an Expected Family Contribution (EFC), used by CDU to determine how much aid you can get.
You may be required to submit additional forms or other documentation to complete your financial? aid application.
- Financial Aid Award Letters are only made once you have been admitted to CDU.
- Once admitted, your financial aid application will be reviewed by financial aid staff and a Financial Aid Notification or Estimated Financial Aid Award Letter will be emailed to you.
- Submitted Financial Aid Award Letters must be wet-signed. Faxed/scanned signed award letters will not be accepted for processing.
- The CDU Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships may request additional information before finalizing your Financial Aid Award Letter. Please check your email regularly!
If you’re ready to fill out the FAFSA form now, go for it!
Completing and submitting the FAFSA form is free and quick, and it gives you access to the largest source of financial aid to help pay for college or career school.
In addition, many states and colleges use your FAFSA data to determine your eligibility for state and school aid, and some private financial aid providers may use your FAFSA information to determine whether you qualify for their aid.
Estimate Your Cost
Use our Net Price Calculator to estimate your financial aid.