We understand that paying for college is not easy. At Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science (CDU), we pride ourselves in offering a personal approach to your financial success as a student. We are ready to clarify any requirements in the application process, answer questions, and discuss any concerns regarding your ability to afford CDU.
The Office of Financial Aid and Scholarship staff is committed to helping you find ways to close the gap between the cost of attending CDU and your ability to fund your education. We will work to construct a personalized financial aid package that combines any availability of grants, scholarships, loans, and work-study.
How does the financial aid process work at CDU?
Applying for financial aid is a straightforward process. Apply for admission and obtain acceptance to CDU. From there, complete your FAFSA application—no special paperwork should be needed at time of application. Click here for more information on the FAFSA process.
Once we have received your FAFSA, we will let you know of any documents needed to complete your file. If no additional documents are needed an award letter will be released to you. This award letter will include, pending eligibility for federal, state, and institutional sources of financial aid. For more information on the timing of award letters, please see Important Deadlines and Dates section below.
For undocumented/DACA students, no FAFSA submission is required. Please be sure to submit your Dream Act Application by visiting here. (Undergraduate students only)
Important Deadlines and Dates
|Anticipated Start Term||Processing/Review Start Date*||AWL Release Date**||CDU Financial Aid Deadline**||FAFSA Submission Year|
|Spring 2022||October 1, 2021||November 1, 2021||February 1, 2022||2021-2022 FAFSA|
|Summer 2022||February 1, 2022||March 1, 2022||May 30, 2022||2021-2022 FAFSA|
|Fall 2022||February 1, 2022||March 1, 2022||September 9, 2022||2022-2023 FAFSA|
|Spring 2023||October 1, 2022||November 1, 2022||February 1, 2023||2022- 2023 FAFSA|
* All dates are tentative and subject to change. Award letters are issued to students who have a complete financial aid file. A completed file requires the submission of any documents requested from the Department of Education and/or CDU. Please be sure to check your email regularly for any missing document emails from our office.
** Undergraduate Students- FAFSA/Dream Act applications will need to be submitted before the CSAC March 1 deadline for full consideration.
Financial Aid Policies
- Refund and Return to Title IV (R2T4) Policy
- Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Policy
- Student Loan Code of Conduct
- Drug Conviction on Title IV Eligibility
Financial Aid Forms
Verification is the process to confirm that the data reported on your FAFSA form is accurate. If you’re selected for verification, we will request additional documentation that supports the information you reported.
- 2021 - 2022 Dependent Verification Worksheet - V1
- 2021 - 2022 Independent Verification Worksheet - V1
- 2021 - 2022 Verification Worksheet - V4
- 2021 - 2022 Dependent Verification Worksheet - V5
- 2021 - 2022 Independent Verification Worksheet - V5