Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science is accredited by WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC) and is approved by the Postsecondary Commission, California Department of Education. WSCUC granted Charles Drew University its regional accreditation in 1995.
985 Atlantic Avenue, Suite 100
Alameda, CA 94501
- CDU - WASC Statement of Accreditation
- CDU - WSCUC Action Letter (July 10, 2015)
- WASC Special Visit Team Report (2015)
- CDU - WASC Special Visit Report (December 2014)
- WASC Response to CDU-WASC (February 2014)
- CDU - WASC Progress Report (February 2014)
- CDU - WASC IRC Action Letter (June 17, 2013)
- CDU - WASC Interim Report March 1, 2013)
- CDU - WASC Action Letter (July 5, 2011)
- CDU - WASC Special Visit Report (December 2010)
CDU Major Plans
CDU's quality is further validated by prestigious national and regional programmatic accreditations.
College of Medicine
The MD degree for the Charles R. Drew/UCLA Medical Education Program is granted by the University of California, through UCLA, and is accredited by the Liaison Committee of Medical Education (LCME) of the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) and American Medical Association (AMA). The Charles R. Drew/UCLA Medical Education Program currently enjoys an eight (8) year accreditation awarded from LCME. This is the maximum length granted for any LCME accreditation. In addition the program is approved by the State of California Council of Private Postsecondary and Vocational Education to grant a Doctor of Medicine degree in cooperation with the Board of Regents of the University of California.
College of Science and Health
- Radiologic Technology: The Radiography program is accredited by The Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JCERT)
- Master in Urban Public Health: The MPH Program in Urban Public Health, College of Science and Health, at Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science is proud to announce that the program has been accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH) to December 31st, 2024.
- Physician Assistant Program: The Master of Health Science Physician Assistant Program is accredited by the ARC-PA (Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant, Inc.)
School of Nursing
- Masters of Science in Nursing: The MSN program is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) and approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN).
All Nursing programs are still open and accepting applicants.