Accredited Since 1995
Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science is accredited by WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC) and is approved by the Postsecondary Commission, California Department of Education. WSCUC granted Charles Drew University its regional accreditation in 1995.
WASC Senior College and University Commission
1001 Marina Village Parkway, Suite 402
Alameda, CA 94501
Phone: (510) 748-9001
Fax: (510) 748-9797
- WSCUC - Statement of CDU Accreditation Status
- WSCUC – Commission Action Letter for CDU Reaffirmation (July 2018)
- WSCUC – Visiting Team Report for CDU Reaffirmation (March 2018)
- CDU – Self-study Report for WSCUC Reaffirmation Review (September 2017)
CDU Major Plans
CDU's quality is further validated by prestigious national and regional programmatic accreditations.
College of Medicine
The MD degree for the Charles R. Drew/UCLA Medical Education Program is granted by the University of California, through UCLA, and is accredited by the Liaison Committee of Medical Education (LCME) of the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) and American Medical Association (AMA). The Charles R. Drew/UCLA Medical Education Program currently enjoys an eight (8) year accreditation awarded from LCME. This is the maximum length granted for any LCME accreditation. In addition the program is approved by the State of California Council of Private Postsecondary and Vocational Education to grant a Doctor of Medicine degree in cooperation with the Board of Regents of the University of California.
College of Science and Health
- Radiologic Technology
JRCERT: The Associate of Science in Radiologic Technology program is accredited by The Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT)
- 20 N. Wacker Drive, Suite 2850
Chicago, IL 60606-3182
- Accreditation Status: The Associate of Science in Radiologic Technology program received an eight (8) year accreditation in November 2012 and continued accreditation on 4/21/17. (Award Letter)
- 20 N. Wacker Drive, Suite 2850
- CDPH-RHB: The program is approved by the California Department of Public Health – Radiologic Health Branch (CDPH - RHB)
- ARRT: The American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) examination passage rates are published by the California Department of Public Health, Radiologic Health Branch at: https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CEH/DRSEM/Pages/RHB-Schools/X-Ray.aspx
Master in Urban Public Health: The MPH Program in Urban Public Health, College of Science and Health, at Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science is proud to announce that the program has been accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH) to December 31st, 2024.
- Physician Assistant Program: The Master of Health Science Physician Assistant Program is accredited by the ARC-PA (Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant, Inc.)
School of Nursing
- The master’s degree program in nursing and post-graduate APRN certificate program at Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education http://www.ccneaccreditation.org.
- The baccalaureate degree program in nursing, master’s degree program in nursing, and post-graduate APRN certificate program at Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education http://www.ccneaccreditation.org.