CDU Yellow Ribbon Program
- Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science (CDU) participates in the Yellow Ribbon Program. The Yellow Ribbon GI Education Enhancement Program (Yellow Ribbon) is a provision of the Post 9/11 Veterans Educational Assistance Act of 2008. The program allows institutions of higher learning (degree granting institutions) in the United States to voluntarily enter into an agreement with the VA to fund tuition expenses that exceed the highest public in-state undergraduate tuition rate.
- The institution can contribute up to 50% of those expenses and the Veterans Administration will match the same amount as the institution. Please note that Yellow Ribbon Program funding, along with its corresponding match from the VA, replaces any previously awarded institutional grants and/or scholarships. Contact the Office of Registration and Records for more information.
- Please click here for instructions for requesting participation.
Los Angeles Regional Office
- Description: The local regional office can help enroll veterans in benefit and service programs.
- For more information please see the following web link: http://www.benefits.va.gov/losangeles/
Veterans Service Outreach Program (VSOP)
- For more information please see the following web link: http://veteranserviceprogram.org/Referrals.html
7. Los Angeles Veterans Crisis Line:
- (800) 273-8255 (press 1)
THANK YOU to our men and women in uniform