Master of Public Health Student Association (MPHSA)
About Us MPHSA is the student governing body of the Graduate Urban Public Health Program at (CDU) that was established to enhance academic success and career development, both essential ideals enshrined in our university's mission. The organization strives to promote public health within the surrounding communities of South Los Angeles. MPHSA executives serve as the primary liaison between MPH graduate students, faculty and administration.
Our Mission Promote unity and cohesiveness amongst first and second-year MPH graduate students, faculty and staff. To uphold the core public health principles of CDU. We also strive to advance the academic and professional interests of students, faculty and staff. Additionally, MPHSA executives as the liaison between MPH graduate students, other student organizations, faculty and administration.
Fulfilling our Mission
We fulfill our mission by becoming leaders in public health in the following ways:
- Promoting career development and pursuits of MPH students
- Encouraging MPH student involvement in the larger CDU community
- Developing graduate research experience for students
- Promoting public health initiatives
- Engaging with South Los Angeles communities in health and wellness initiatives
- Striving to improve the health status of underserved communities
- Encouraging MPH students to uphold the standards of Charles Drew University of Medicine and Science, College of Science and Health and those of the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH)
MPHSA Executive Board
MPHSA Executive Board AY 2018-2019
Ruqayyah Abdulrahoof-Vice President
For additional information on MPHSA, please contact MPHSA@cdrewu.edu or (323) 563-5890.