The Radiologic Technology program is designed to prepare individuals for employment as a radiologic technologist (or radiographer). The primary role of the radiologic technologist is to operate imaging equipment and perform technical procedures to produce x-ray studies for the diagnosis and treatment of injury and disease. Upon successful completion of the program, students will earn an Associate of Science Degree
This program is accredited by The Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT) 20 North Wacker Drive, Suite 2850, Chicago, IL 60606-3182. Tel: 312-704-5300, Fax: 312-704-5304, http://www.jrcert.org/
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- 2.5 minimum cumulative GPA (on a 4.0 scale)
- Program Interview
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- Each of the following pre requisites must be completed with a grade of “C” or better prior to the application submission date; all science courses must be taken within ten (10) years of application submission:
- Anatomy and Physiology (4 units w/lab)
- Medical Terminology (3 units)
- Elementary Algebra or higher (3 units)
- English Composition (3 units)
- Introduction to Radiologic Technology (2 units)
Upon acceptance to the program, all applicants are required to take pre-admission tests in reading and writing (administered at CDU in the Student Education Service Center) and provide evidence of immunization against Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR), Varicella , TB or chest x-ray, Hepatitis B, Tetanus, and Flu
How to Apply
Click here for application instructions.
Recommended Application Deadline
The date below is a recommended deadline; however, the Radiologic Technology Program offers rolling admissions and applications are considered until the class is filled.
- March 1 (Priority Deadline: December 1)
For more information, contact the Office of Admissions at email@example.com or at (323) 563-4838.