Important information for all CDU students, faculty and staff
Fall 2020 Return to Campus
(Click here to view expectations while on the CDU campus)
Dear CDU Students, Faculty, Staff, and Vendors
We hope you are staying safe and well during this very challenging summer. Our Board of Trustees and other University Leaders are thinking of you all as we plan the Fall 2020 semester and our very limited return to campus.
Our planning for Fall has been done cautiously and deliberately to allow us to remain nimble as COVID-19 cases in Southern California continue to rise. Preparing the campus to accommodate reduced on-campus density in an environment that maintains the health and safety of students, faculty, staff and vendors and occasional visitors and in accordance with county, state and federal guidelines is our utmost priority.
As you know, the COVID-19 pandemic has changed our normal way of life and conducting business. The advent of the Fall semester does not mean a return to business as usual.
Please click on the link above to review the expectations of all returning to campus safely, and on the link to the right to review our entire Return to Campus plan. We have worked very hard to ensure the safest possible environment for students, faculty, staff and vendors that complies with all public health guidelines for higher education.
Thank you for your flexibility and commitment to CDU.
Dr. David M. Carlisle
President and CEO
- Return to Campus Notification
- Campus is Still Closed
- Fall Semester 2020 Notice for Students and Prospective Students
- Process and Protocol to Access to CDU Campus during Temporary Closure
- Update on student exposures, April 8
- New COVID-19 Testing Site Will Open at Charles R. Drew University on Wednesday, April 8
- Provost Summer 2020 Memo, April 6
- Launch of CDU SharePoint website, 4/1/20
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act, 3/31/20
- Message from CDU President Dr. David M. Carlisle, 3/27/20, p.m.
- Access to Campus during closure, 3/23/20.
- Message from CDU President Dr. David M. Carlisle on CDU employees telecommuting, effective March 19, 3/18/20, p.m.
- Message from CDU President Dr. David M. Carlisle on cancellation of commencement ceremonies, 3/17/20 p.m.
- Message from CDU President Dr. David M. Carlisle on telecommuting guidelines, 3/17/20, p.m.
- Message from CDU President Dr. David M. Carlisle, 3/11/20, p.m.
- Message from CDU President Dr. David M. Carlisle, 3/6/20 p.m.
- Message from CDU President Dr. David M. Carlisle, 3/6/20 a.m.
- Provost Coronavirus Memo , 3/5/20
Research Funding Opportunities
The 2 NCI-specific COVID-19 research NOSIs have now been published in the NIH Guide:
- NOT-CA-20-042 Notice of Special Interest (NOSI): National Cancer Institute Announcement Regarding Availability of Urgent Competitive Revision and Administrative Supplements on Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- NOT-CA-20-043 Notice of Special Interest (NOSI): National Cancer Institute Announcement regarding Availability of Competitive Revision SBIR/STTR Supplements on Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
From NIMHD: NOT MD-20-019 Notice of Special Interest (NOSI): Competitive and Administrative Supplements for the Impact of COVID-19 Outbreak on Minority Health and Health Disparities https://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/notice-files/NOT-MD-20-019.html
Community Resource Links
- [Spanish] YourDMH Ayuntamento
- [Spanish] Angelina la gata se Queda en Casa - Una Historia Para Ninos Sobre COVID-19 y Preocupacion
- [Spanish] Formas de prevenir la propagación de COVID-19
- [Spanish] Hable con sus hijos sobre el COVID-19 (Coronavirus) - un recourso para padres
- Connectedness and Healthy Relationships
- Talking to Children About COVID-19 (Coronavirus) - A Parent Resource