Important information for all CDU students, faculty and staff
Frequently Asked Questions
CDU IS OPEN AND CONDUCTING ONLINE INSTRUCTION BUT THE CAMPUS IS CLOSED
Dear CDU Students, Faculty and Staff,
Effective immediately and consistent with Governor Newsom's "stay at home order" and the Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors "safer at home order," both issued the evening of March 20, the CDU Campus is closed.
All instruction has been moved to online.
Most employees and staff must work remotely. The only exception is essential or critical functions that must be performed, and/or that has the President’s approval.
This is an unprecedented healthcare and social emergency, as well as a dislocating experience for us all. Thank you once again for your flexibility throughout this situation.
Please stay safe, and take good care of you and those you care about.
Dr. David M. Carlisle
President and CEO
- Fall Semester 2020 Notice for Students and Prospective Students
- Process and Protocol to Access to CDU Campus during Temporary Closure
- Update on student exposures, April 8
- New COVID-19 Testing Site Will Open at Charles R. Drew University on Wednesday, April 8
- Provost Summer 2020 Memo, April 6
- Launch of CDU SharePoint website, 4/1/20
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act, 3/31/20
- Message from CDU President Dr. David M. Carlisle, 3/27/20, p.m.
- Access to Campus during closure, 3/23/20.
- Campus Closure Announcement from CDU President Dr. David M. Carlisle, 3/20/20.
- Message from CDU President Dr. David M. Carlisle on CDU employees telecommuting, effective March 19, 3/18/20, p.m.
- Message from CDU President Dr. David M. Carlisle on cancellation of commencement ceremonies, 3/17/20 p.m.
- Message from CDU President Dr. David M. Carlisle on telecommuting guidelines, 3/17/20, p.m.
- Message from CDU President Dr. David M. Carlisle, 3/11/20, p.m.
- Message from CDU President Dr. David M. Carlisle, 3/6/20 p.m.
- Message from CDU President Dr. David M. Carlisle, 3/6/20 a.m.
- Provost Coronavirus Memo , 3/5/20
Research Funding Opportunities
The 2 NCI-specific COVID-19 research NOSIs have now been published in the NIH Guide:
- NOT-CA-20-042 Notice of Special Interest (NOSI): National Cancer Institute Announcement Regarding Availability of Urgent Competitive Revision and Administrative Supplements on Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- NOT-CA-20-043 Notice of Special Interest (NOSI): National Cancer Institute Announcement regarding Availability of Competitive Revision SBIR/STTR Supplements on Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
From NIMHD: NOT MD-20-019 Notice of Special Interest (NOSI): Competitive and Administrative Supplements for the Impact of COVID-19 Outbreak on Minority Health and Health Disparities https://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/notice-files/NOT-MD-20-019.html
Community Resource Links
- [Spanish] YourDMH Ayuntamento
- [Spanish] Angelina la gata se Queda en Casa - Una Historia Para Ninos Sobre COVID-19 y Preocupacion
- [Spanish] Formas de prevenir la propagación de COVID-19
- [Spanish] Hable con sus hijos sobre el COVID-19 (Coronavirus) - un recourso para padres
- Connectedness and Healthy Relationships
- Talking to Children About COVID-19 (Coronavirus) - A Parent Resource