Summer 2020 Admits
Please thoroughly read the information below and follow the next steps so you can begin your graduate studies on the right foot!
STEP 1: FORWARD YOUR CDREWU.EDU ACCOUNT
Forward your CDREWU.EDU email account to your personal email account so that you do not miss out on important communication from CDU. Click here for how-to instructions. Your CDU issued email account is the primary email account for all official CDU business!
STEP 2: MyCDU PORTAL ACCOUNT
Please review the Self-Service Instructions on how to activate your account. Your MyCDU is where you will register for classes and take care of other school related business.
If you experience any issues activating your account, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
STEP 3: ADVISING AND REGISTRATION
Registration opens for new students on Monday, March 23, 2020 through MyCDU. Schedule an appointment with your program to receive advisement and to discuss the possible transfer of credit from another institution, if permitted. Please visit the Office of Registration and Records to access the Schedule of Classes.
MSN, Family Nurse Practitioner & Post Master Certificate, Family Nurse Practitioner Programs
Marieles Rosario, Assistant Director
- Master of Science in Nursing, Family Nurse Practitioner Program Plan
- Post-Master’s Certificate, Family Nurse Practitioner Program Plan
MSN, Psychiatric Mental Health & Post Master Certificate Practitioner Programs
- Master of Science in Nursing, Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Program Plan
- PMHNP Certificate Program Plan
Please note that the first day of classes is Saturday, May 9, 2020 and last day to add/drop classes is Friday, May 22, 2020.
STEP 4: PAYING FOR CDU – Tuition & fees
After you have registered for courses, visit your MyCDU Portal, click on “Finance” and then on “ebill” for tuition and fees applied. In this section, you can either pay for your bill in-full or set up a payment plan.
Note: All tuition and fees are due by Friday, May 8 either in full or have an approved Tuition Installment Plan on file with the Bursar’s Office. If you need assistance with making payment arrangements, please contact the Bursar’s Office at (323) 563-5824.
Federal Financial Aid: If you intend to receive federal financial aid, your Federal Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is due 30 days before classes start (April 9, 2020). Complete the FAFSA by April 9 to ensure that any aid granted can be applied in a timely manner. Use the following link to begin the process: https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa. CDU School Code: 013653
STEP 5: MANDATORY ORIENTATION
Due to COVID-19 and the subsequent temporary closure of the CDU campus our New Student Orientation has been converted into a virtual format through our Blackboard Learn platform. The Orientation will go live the week of April 20 and all registered students will be notified when the Orientation module is available.
Please note the following:
- Only students who have registered for courses in summer 2020 will receive the New Student Orientation invitation.
- The New Student Orientation invitation will be sent to your CDU email account only.
- New Student Orientation virtual module will be a self-guided experience. There will be no live virtual meetings or workshops.
- The NSO will need to be completed by Friday, May 8, 2020.
- Please note that you’re respective degree program may schedule a virtual meet and greet and they will notify you accordingly.
Student Health Insurance: In addition, prior to Orientation, all new full-time students (9+ credits) must enroll or waive Student Health Insurance. If you do not enroll into or waive Student Health Insurance, you will be auto-enrolled. All new full-time student must complete this action on or before Orientation on April 23.
For more information, including fee amounts, how to enroll, or how to waive, visit https://www.cdrewu.edu/students/Insurance.
For questions, email email@example.com.
STEP 6: PREPARATION FOR ONLINE LEARNING CDU
CDU announced on Monday, April 6, 2020 that summer 2020 courses will conducted through online instruction given the status of COVID-19. All new students will need the following upon the first day of classes:
- A desktop computer / laptop with a webcam or an external webcam & a microphone
- A reliable broadband internet connection
- Operating Systems
- Windows: 10, 8, 7
- Mac: MacOS 10.15 to 10.12, OS X 10.11, OSX 10.10
- Windows: 75 MB permanent space on the hard drive
- Mac: 120 MB permanent space on the hard drive
GETTING STARTED TIMELINE OVERVIEW
|Summer Registration opens for new students||Monday, March 23|
|Due date to submit FAFSA||Thursday, April 9|
|Complete online new student orientation
||Friday, May 1|
|Due date to pay tuition and fees, or enter payment plan||Friday, May 8|
|First day of classes / weekend of classes||Saturday, May 9, 2020|
- Housing Resources
- CDU Health Sciences Library
- Student Health and Wellness
- Disability Services & Accommodations
Contact the Division of Student Affairs at firstname.lastname@example.org.