First Year Experience Summer Bridge Intensive FAQ’s
- Does it cost anything to attend the program?
There is no cost to the student to attend the program and there is no program application fee.
- How many students will be admitted to Summer Bridge?
The program accepts up to 50 students.
- What classes will take in Summer Bridge Intensive?
- Where do I live while attending the Summer Bridge Intensive?
Participants may continue to live at home or elsewhere during the Summer Bridge Intensive. There is no residential requirement for the Summer Bridge Intensive, nor does the program provide housing.
- Is there an Orientation for the First-Year Experience Program?
Yes, students selected for the FYE program are required to attend the program orientation on Monday, June 22 at 6:00pm.
- Can I work during the Summer Bridge Intensive?
The Summer Bridge Intensive is a Monday through Friday 6-hour (9am – 3pm) program that may require additional preparation outside of the program hours. Students will also receive a weekly stipend of $300 for the last three weeks (total $900) of the program with a final stipend disbursement after the Add/Drop period in the fall 2020 term. Although we discourage students working during the 4-week intensive, the decision is ultimately up to the student