BSN Program Objectives
Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Demonstrate a commitment to a lifelong learning plan for professional development.
- Demonstrate cultural and spiritual competencies in providing care and working with other health care professional from diverse cultures and spiritual backgrounds.
- Demonstrate ethical and professional nursing roles, values, social justice and human dignity.
- Demonstrate knowledge of current nursing trends to form interdisciplinary collaborative relationship that improve professional nursing practice and the quality of healthcare within local and global communities.
- Design competent, patient centered professional nursing care for individuals, families and populations across the health continuum in a variety of community-based settings and institutions, emphasizing patient safely and quality.
- Implement elements of health promotion and disease prevention in planning and providing care for individuals, families and populations.
- Implement leadership strategies that support and promote professional nursing practice.
- Integrate effective communication, informatics, and information literacy skills for professional nursing practice.
- Integrate use of political regulatory processes to impact health care systems, clinical practice and quality improvement policies.
- Use evidence-based practice and research findings in provision of professional nursing practice.