PMHNP Admissions Requirement
Master of Science in Nursing – Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP Track) Admission Requirements
- $50 Non-refundable Application Fee
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing from a regionally accredited college/university or the equivalent of a US Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing from a regionally accredited college/university based on a University approved foreign credential evaluation for MSN-PMHNP applicants. A Master of Science degree in Nursing from a regionally accredited college/university for PMC-PMHNP applicants.
- Official transcripts from all regionally accredited post-secondary schools attended
- Current unrestricted RN License to practice professional nursing in the state of California.
- Complete all prerequisite courses with a grade of “C” or better prior to matriculation
- Statistics (3 units)
- Proof of Computer Proficiency (word processing and internet based skills)
- Three letters of recommendation (academic/professional) - Recommendation form is required
- Click here for the Recommendation Form
- Three letters of recommendation must be from a current or past nursing supervisor/ manager
- Recommendations should address the following areas:
- A. Relationships with work (paid or voluntary) associates
- B. Work competence
- C. Communication and interpersonal skills with persons of diverse backgrounds
- D. Leadership skills or potential
- E. Values, ethical standards, responsibility and initiative
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Personal Goal Statement:
- Please explain why you would like to become a student at Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science. How does the completion of a degree at CDU offer you an opportunity to assist an underserved community?
- Statement must be 2-3 pages typed (double-spaced, maximum 750 words)
For International Students:
We do not require a separate application or additional fee, and you should be prepared to meet all of the admissions requirements as outlined above.
Application Requirements for all applicants submitting coursework outside of the USA:
Completion of a nursing bachelor degree, if available in the country of origin, or the equivalent of a US bachelor degree in nursing from a regionally accredited college/university based on a University approved foreign credential evaluation for MSN-PMHNP applicants.
The MSN degree for the international PMC-PMHNP applicants will be reviewed case by case.
- Official Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL ) scores must be submitted prior to any offer of acceptance
- All international applicants whose first language is not English must take the TOEFL
- A minimum total score of 80
- The scores must be sent directly from the Educational Testing Service (ETS) to the office of Enrollment Management (firstname.lastname@example.org )
- Only the Internet Based Test TOEFL exam will be accepted
- Coursework completed outside the U.S., must be evaluated for U.S. course equivalency from one of the following services: (course-by-course evaluation required)
- World Education Services (WES)
- Josef Silny & Associates (JSA)
- Global Credential Evaluators (GCE)
- International Education Research Foundation (IERF)
- Academic Credentials Evaluation Institute (ACEI)
- American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admission Officers, International Education Service (AACRAO IES)
If you need assistance with immigration (I-20 form, F-1 visa, SEVIS, etc.), our Office of International Affairswill be able to assist you. You can contact CDU’s Primary Designated School Official (PDSO) and Director, Office of International Affairs Dr. Lejeune Lockett email@example.com or (323) 357-3458