The Radiologic Technology program educates entry-level radiologic technologists who assist in providing high-quality healthcare with excellence and compassion by producing diagnostic images through the knowledge and application of radiologic science. The Radiologic Technology Program is accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology.
- Program Mission Statement
- Radiation Safety and Protection Program
- Program Effectiveness Data
- Program Master Curriculum
- Lambda NU National Honor Society
- Student Handbook
- Program Goals and Student Learning Outcomes
JRCERT: The Associate of Science in Radiologic Technology program is accredited by The Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT)
- CDPH-RHB: The program is approved by the California Department of Public Health – Radiologic Health Branch (CDPH - RHB)
- ARRT: The American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) examination passage rates are published by the California Department of Public Health, Radiologic Health Branch at: https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CEH/DRSEM/Pages/RHB-Schools/X-Ray.aspx
Required Pre-requisite Courses:
- Medical Terminology (3 units)
- Anatomy and Physiology (4 units w/lab)
Please note, while not required for admission, the Charles R. Drew University, Radiologic Technology Admissions Committee has identified the following courses that need to be completed prior to matriculation.
- Elementary Algebra or higher (3 units)
- English Composition (3 units)
- Public Speaking (3 units)
- U.S. History (3 units)
- Humanities (3 units)
- Political Science/Social Science (3 units)
- Introduction to Computers (3 units)
These courses will be noticed and considered on an application during the review process and are part of the 21 units of General Education courses required for program completion.
Apply for AfterCollege Scholarships
AfterCollege Scholarships are awarded to current students who stand out as future superstars in their field.
Create a concise, yet impactful, profile, showcasing your talents and passion for your field of study, and you could be the next recipient!
After College Succurro Scholarship
$500 - Open to currently enrolled students in an accredited program, working toward a degree (AA, AS, BA, BS, MA, MS, MFA, PhD, MD, JD, etc.) in any discipline. Minimum 2.5 GPA.
Charles R Drew University of Medicine and Science Radiologic Technology Program Career Network