The Radiologic Technology program is designed to prepare individuals for employment as entry-level radiologic technologist (or radiographer). The primary role of the radiologic technologist is to operate imaging equipment and perform technical procedures to produce x-ray studies for the diagnosis and treatment of injury and disease. Upon successful completion of the program, students will earn an Associate of Science Degree.
This program is accredited by The Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT) 20 North Wacker Drive, Suite 2850, Chicago, IL 60606- 3182. Tel: 312-704-5300,Fax: 312-704-5304, http://www.jrcert.org/.
Admission Requirements/Course Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended
- 3.0 minimum cumulative GPA (on a 4.0 scale)
- Program Interview
- Personal Statement Essay
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
Each of the following course requirements should be completed with a grade of “C” or better prior to the application submission date; all science courses must be taken within ten (10) years of application submission:
- Anatomy and Physiology (4 units w/lab)
- Elementary Algebra or higher (3 units)
- English Composition (3 units)
- Medical Terminology (3 units)**
** Must be completed prior to application submission date.
Upon acceptance to the program
- $35 supplemental application fee
- Applicants are required to take pre-admission tests in reading and writing, and math (administered at CDU in the Student Education Service Center)
- Evidence of immunization ( titers )demonstrating proof of immunity against Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR), Varicella , TB or chest x-ray, Hepatitis B, Tetanus, and Flu
- Completion of Live Scan (Convictions may not disqualify applicant)
- Completion of Drug Screen (Applicant cost)
Recommended Application Deadline
The date below is a recommended deadline. March 1 (Priority Deadline: December 1) until class is full Apply Now
All inquiries should be directed to the CDU Office of Admissions at (323)563-4839 or email@example.com