CDU Enhanced Post Baccalaureate Certificate Program in Pre-Medicine
Consideration for entrance into this program includes:
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university
- Demonstrated interest in community service, particularly with regards to underserved communities
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher
- Minimum science GPA of 2.8 or higher
- One (1) year of college level English, Literature, or Writing courses (two (2) semesters or three (3) quarters)
- One (1) year of calculus or calculus + statistics (two (2) semesters or three (3) quarters)
- Maximum of one (1) previously unsuccessful medical school entry attempt
2017 Application Cycle - Important Dates:
- Application Opens – January 1, 2017
- Application Closes – April 30, 2017
- Notifications of Acceptance – March 1, 2017 – May 31, 2017
- Program Orientation – August 7, 2017 – August, 11, 2017
- Program Start – August 28, 2017
- Program End – August 31, 2018
All application materials must be received by 11:59PM (PST) on application deadline.
- Completed primary online application (available January 1st)
- $35.00 non-refundable application fee
Once primary online application is received, a secondary application will be emailed to applicant.
** Supplemental application and all listed required documents must be received 11:59PM (PST) on application deadline.
Letters of Recommendation must be received or postmarked by application deadline. **
- Supplemental application (PDF)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Official transcripts from all Universities/Colleges attended
- Personal statement (max 500-1,000 words)
- Explain why you want a career in medicine
- Discuss any academic or other challenges you may have faced
- Mini Essays (max 250 words each)
- Why should you be admitted to the CDU Enhanced Post Baccalaureate Certificate Program in Pre-Medicine?
- Discuss two of your strengths and two of your weaknesses and how you feel they may influence your journey toward medical school.
- What is the most significant health challenge facing most communities today and how would you address the challenge?
- Completed AMCAS GPA Calculator
- Confidential Letters of Recommendations (3)
- Two (2) from academic instructors
- One (1) from an individual who has worked with you in a clinical or community service capacity
- Each letter must be accompanied by a completed Waiver Form for Letters of Recommendation
- Professional 2”x2” Photo
- If submitting hard copy through mail, please write your first and last name on back of photo
- If submitting by email, please include your name and the program you are applying for in the subject line of email.
- Select applicants will be invited to continue the application process by participating in an interview (in-person or via Skype)
- Program Acceptance
- Applicants will be notified of acceptance on a rolling basis during admission cycle
- Enrollment is confirmed upon receipt of tuition deposit
- Admitted students will be sent an admissions packet upon confirmation of enrollment. Completion of admissions packet is required prior to start of orientation
- Program Tuition Deposit
- Accepted applicants will need to submit a non-refundable tuition deposit of $500 within two (2) weeks of notification of admission to confirm enrollment in program. Deposit will be credited to tuition/fees upon starting program.
**ALL APPLICATION MATERIALS, INCLUDING LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION, MUST BE RECEIVED OR POSTMARKED BY APPLICATION DEADLINE.**
To access the online application form (Jan 1st – April 31st), please visit: https://selfservice.cdrewu.edu/SelfService/Admissions/ApplicationSelectEnabledForm.aspx
Supplemental application materials should be sent (by mail or email) to:
OFFICE OF ENROLLMENT MANAGEMENT
ENHANCED POST BACCALAUREATE PROGRAM
CHARLES R. DREW UNIVERSITY OF MEDICINE AND SCIENCE
1731 E. 120TH STREET
LOS ANGELES, CA 90059