General Education at Charles R. Drew University
General Education at Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science (CDU) is structured to foster an educational climate that provides positive and lifelong educational opportunities for all incoming undergraduate CDU students. The General Education curriculum is designed to provide informational skills and intellectual values and aims to:
- Introduce students to the richness and diversity of the various academic disciplines.
- Enhance critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Develop effective communication skills.
- Broaden students’ scholarly perspectives to become lifelong learners.
- Enhance and promote cultural relevance and respect for diverse groups.
- Prepare students for academic success in their chosen field of study.
General Education is essential to undergraduate programs as it provides students with a broad-based education that cultivates intellectual skills and attitudes necessary for lifelong learning and citizenship.