- Bachelor's degree: Baccalaureate degree (BS/BA) must be completed before entrance into the PA Program.
- Transcripts: Transcripts must be from a regionally accredited institution or evidence of a U.S. equivalent baccalaureate degree based on a foreign credential evaluation must be provided.
For international students, we only accept evaluations from the following transcript evaluation organizations:
- World Education Services (WES)
- Josef Silny and Associates (JSA)
- Global Credential Evaluators (GCE)
- International Education Research Foundation (IERF)
- Academic Credentials Evaluation Institute (ACEI)
- American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admission Officers, International Education Service (AACRAO IES)
If you need assistance with immigration (I-20 form, F-1 visa, SEVIS, etc.), our Office of International Affairs will be able to assist you. You can contact CDU’s Primary Designated School Official (PDSO) and Director, Office of International Affairs Dr. Lejeune Lockett email@example.com or 323-357-3458
- The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): Proficiency in English is mandatory. All applicants whose first language is not English must take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL, http://www.toefl.org/). The TOEFL requirement may be waived for applicants with Master’s or Doctoral degrees from an accredited US institution. The scores must be sent directly from the Educational Testing Service (ETS) to the office of admissions. Only the IBT (Internet Based Test) form of the TOEFL will be accepted.
A total score of 100 and a speaking score of 26 will be a prerequisite for entry into the program.
- Academic prerequisite completion deadline: all prerequisites must be completed prior to May 30th of the application year. For example if you are applying to begin the program in August, your prerequisites must be completed by May 30th of that year.
- General Biology with lab (8 units): Must be in mammalian or human biology
- Microbiology with lab (4 units)
- Human Anatomy with lab (4 units)
- Human Physiology with lab (4 units)
- Combined Human Anatomy and Physiology: acceptable in place of separate Anatomy and Physiology courses but must include lab and equal a total of (8 units)
- General Chemistry with lab (8 units)
- Introduction to Statistics or Biostatistics (3 units)
- College Algebra or higher (3 units)
- English Composition (6 units)
- Behavioral Sciences (Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology) (6 units)
- Medical Terminology (3 units)
- Cumulative and Science GPA of 3.00
- Prerequisite GPA of 3.00
- Direct Patient Care (DPC) Experience of 2,000 hours
- Commitment to the mission of the CDU PA Program
- Commitment to social justice, community wellness and healthcare needs of underserved populations
- Basic or Advanced Nutrition (3 units)
- Organic or Biochemistry: upper level chemistry courses with lab are preferred and count toward total general chemistry requirement of 8 units
- Spanish (3 units)
- No more than 2 prerequisites pending at time of application
- Academic prerequisite completion timeline: completion of all courses within 7 years preceding application to the program
For additional information please contact CDU Office of Enrollment at (323) 563-4800