Direct Patient Care Experience
- Direct patient care experience (DPC) may be paid or volunteer. The admissions committee will review and evaluate each individual DPC experience.
- DPC should provide exposure to patients and members of the healthcare team in a clinical capacity to allow for the understanding of medical terminology, interaction with a wide variety of patients and exposure to various clinical scenarios.
- One year (2,000 hours) of direct patient care (DPC) experience is preferred.
- Examples of DPC include but are not limited to:
- Nursing (RN, CNA)
- Nutrition (RD)
- Pharmacy (Pharmacist, Pharmacy tech)
- Other (Medical assistant, radiology tech, phlebotomist)
- Physical Therapy (PT, PT Aide)
- Athletic Training (AT)
- Dental Hygienist
- Paramedic, EMT
- Respiratory Therapist
- Researcher (if performing direct patient care)
- Optometric assistant
For additional information please contact CDU Office of Enrollment at (323) 563-4800.