Goals, Objectives and Student Learning Outcomes
Program Goals and Objectives
Goal 1: To acquire the knowledge, skills and attitudes of the biomedical sciences, necessary for a career in health professions.
- Objective 1: Students will successfully complete lecture-based courses in medical biochemistry, genetics, infectious disease and immunology.
- Objective 2: Students will participate in translational research experiences.
Goal 2: To master oral and written communication skills necessary to convey the results of scholarly work.
- Objective 1: Students will participate in CEAL and Journal clubs.
- Objective 2: Students will attend scientific meetings.
Goal 3: To develop competency in Biomedical research.
- Objective 1 Students will gain skills in collecting organizing, evaluating and analyzing data.
- Objective 2: Students will complete the research project, write a thesis and publicly defend the research.
Program Student Learning Outcomes (PSLOs)
- Synthesize advanced knowledge in biomedicine, bioinformatics and translational sciences.
- Evaluate and judge the challenges of health disparities in the community and globally
- Develop critical thinking skills for applying scientific knowledge in evaluating scientific literature.
- Acquire skills for developing hypotheses, analyzing data, and interpreting and communicating results in the biomedical sciences.
- Promote ethical standards for all professional activities in the biomedical sciences and healthcare.