- Be a U.S. citizen, non-citizen national, or foreign national possessing a visa permitting permanent residency in the U.S
- Be economically or educationally disadvantaged
- 1st generation college student
- Receive free or reduced lunch at school
- Qualify for work study or receive a federal grant
- Grew up in a family that receives or received any of the following federal or state aid assistance programs: WIC, subsidized housing, food stamps, or Medicaid, etc.
- Be a current high school junior or senior or CDU freshman or sophomore majoring in one of the Bachelor or Associate degree programs in the College of Health and Science for the 2018-2019 school year