Financial Aid and Tuition/Fees
We highly encourage all applicants to the CDU Postbaccalaureate Leadership Program to complete the FAFSA to determine their eligibility for aid.
- Visit the FAFSA website at https://fafsa.ed.gov/. We encourage all applicants to submit the FAFSA prior to being admitted to the program. This will ensure timely processing of your financial aid package. In addition, priority consideration for institutional funding is given to students who timely submit their FAFSA.
- CDU School Code: 013653
When submitting the FAFSA, please ensure that the following information is provided on the student information/student education screens:
- College Grade Level: 5th year/other undergraduate
- Degree or Certificate: Certificate or diploma (occupational, technical or education program of less than two years)
As a 5th year undergraduate student, students are no longer eligible for Federal/State grant programs or subsidized Federal loans. Please know that CDU understands the financial challenges this may present and recommends students submit the FAFSA to be considered for institutional scholarships/grants.
There are a variety of aid programs that you may have access to at CDU:
CDU PLP students are considered for most university scholarships. Need-based institutional grants and scholarships may be available to students who demonstrate maximum financial need.
Students are highly encouraged to apply for outside scholarships. We recommend you review the bottom of our scholarships page for some outside scholarship opportunities. Please note the following about the PLP and outside scholarships:
- The program is a post-baccalaureate program, thus some scholarships open to “undergraduates” may not apply.
- The program offers only undergraduate courses (upper and lower division), hence scholarships open only to graduate students will not apply.
Your Federal loan eligibility will depend on a variety of variables. Most importantly, your dependency/independency status will determine your aggregate Federal loan limits. Please visit the following page for more information in determining dependent vs. independent status.
- Unsubsidized Loans (if aggregate undergraduate loan limit maximums have not been met)
- Direct Parent PLUS Loans (dependent students only)
- Work-study (limited but available)
Also, you may opt to secure a private loan with a lender of your choice. To provide greatest access to private loan options, CDU does not have a preferred lender listing.
For additional questions regarding financial aid, contact the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships at firstname.lastname@example.org or (323) 563-4824
Tuition and Fees
Tuition and Fees*:
- Unit Fee: $601 per credit
- Program Fee: $5,000 each semester for three (3) semester
- Program Enrollment Deposit: $500
- Accepted applicants will need to submit a non-refundable deposit within (2) week of notification of admission to confirm enrollment in program.
- Deposit will be credited towards tuition/fees upon starting program.
* Tuition and fees are subject to change.