About Brakeley Briscoe
Many firms offer fund development services to major institutions and organizations. No other firm, however, can offer the blend of experience, creativity and focus on client interests that defines Brakeley Briscoe.
Brakeley Briscoe, a full-service, nonprofit consulting company, meets clients where they are and helps them solve their current and future needs. Our consultants combine hundreds of years of experience as consultants, chief development officers, and nonprofit executives. We have been there, experienced and solved the issues that our clients face on a day-to-day basis. However, we do not impose solutions or methodologies on clients. Rather, we listen to their concerns and work with them first to plan what they need and then to carry out that plan.
From experience as fundraisers and chief development officers; nonprofit managers and CEOs; nonprofit board members and board chairs; capital campaign volunteers and chairs; and software developers and trainers, our consultants bring knowledge of every aspect of fundraising and nonprofit management.
- We virtually invented the business. Back in 1919, our founders created the first significant fundraising consultancy and conducted the first capital campaigns for both Harvard and Stanford.
- We are committed to customized counseling. Each challenge requires a unique approach. We listen, analyze and respond with powerful thinking that tailors a plan to the realities of a client's situation.
- We truly deliver experience. Brakeley Briscoe clients receive personalized attention from senior consultants who have deep experience in all corners of the nonprofit world.
- We are reinventing the business. The world is changing and fundraising strategies must adapt accordingly. Brakeley Briscoe has experience advising organization facing the myriad of challenges that a modern economy presents. From Silicon Valley, to the heartland, to the crowded landscape and current techniques in a rapidly evolving fundraising world.
Principles of Practice
- Brakeley Briscoe's first priority is to serve the best interests of each client.
- We will serve only those clients whose missions and objectives we share and find credible and are willing to be open about their needs and finances.
- We will candidly assess each client's unique fundraising potential and make no claims or promises of results unwarranted by facts and informed judgments.
- We will serve clients with enthusiasm and energy, making every proper effort to advance their causes and attain their goals, maintaining confidences and avoiding conflicts of interest.
- Our goal is to complete each assignment, resulting in full client satisfaction with the immediate benefits, and to prepare the client to secure increased philanthropic support over the years ahead.
- Our professional staff is committed to sharing its knowledge and experience with the client's volunteer and staff leadership.
- Our staff takes an active role in advancing philanthropy through the field of fundraising by teaching, writing, and speaking at conferences, participating in professional organizations and serving non-profit institutions in a voluntary capacity.
- We will faithfully follow the law regulating fundraising practices in each regional and national jurisdiction where we serve throughout the world. We also adhere to the codes of ethics generally accepted within the fundraising profession.
- Our corporate and professional reward will be the satisfaction of achieving defined objectives on behalf of clients.
- Our fees are always pre-arranged; never commissions or percentages of contributions raised, and fairly compensate Brakeley Briscoe Inc. for the effort expended and expertise utilized.