What We Do
Program Quick Facts ( Click here)
- Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science has partnered with the Los Angeles County Health Agency to develop a family medicine residency program to serve the needs of under-resourced communities.
- Our residency program is accredited by the ACGME, is three years in duration and accepts 8 residents in each class.
- The primary training site and continuity clinic is based at the Los Angeles County Martin Luther King, Jr. Outpatient Center, a state-of-the-art multi-specialty ambulatory care center serving the Watts-Willowbrook neighborhood of South Los Angeles.
- Residents are Los Angeles County Department of Health Services employees with competitive salary and benefits, daily meal allowance, and educational stipend.
- Rotations are located at various Los Angeles County facilities drawing on the experiences and expertise of local clinical and medical professionals.
- Robust inpatient experiences include ICU and Neurology rotations located at L.A. County Rancho Los Amigos National Rehabilitation Center.
- The residency features unique opportunities for community engagement and mentoring by community leaders.
- Charles R. Drew University provides excellent Health Library and simulation training center, as well as interdisciplinary training programs with nursing, physician assistant, public health and health equity research resources to residency program.