2022 – 2023 Financial Aid Disbursements
CDU plans to "disburse" (credit your student account) with financial aid funds you've accepted on or after the dates listed below.
- September 23, 2022 – First projected financial aid disbursements for the Fall 2022 semester
- December 02, 2022 – Last projected financial aid disbursements for the Fall 2022 semester
- February 10, 2023 – First projected financial aid disbursements for the Spring 2023 semester
- April 28, 2023 – Last projected financial aid disbursements for the Spring 2023 semester
*IMPORTANT: The scheduled dates above assume you applied for aid, submitted all required documentation, received an award letter, and accepted/submitted a wet-signed award letter prior to the Financial Aid disbursement dates.
Students applying for aid or completing the documentation process after the first financial aid disbursement date should expect their disbursement/refund to occur AFTER the first scheduled dates above. Once the date for the last projected financial aid disbursement has passed, we are unable to process disbursements for that period. Once disbursements have been completed for the given semester, you will be responsible for any outstanding balance that remains on your student account.
2022 - 2023 Financial Aid Refunds
Once your financial aid funds have been credited to your student account, the funds are used to pay your current tuition, fees (if applicable). If your financial aid exceeds your total current charges, CDU will return the remaining amount to you.
Credit Balance checks are typically available after 10:00 a.m. on FRIDAY, the week following disbursement, and can be picked up in person in the Cobb Lobby or in the Student Finance Office. A picture ID is required. You may also set up an electronic direct deposit of these funds through the Student Finance Office.
Initial check dates are:
- Friday, September 30, 2022 (Fall 2022)
- Friday, February 17, 2023 (Spring 2023)
Checks not picked-up within two weeks of issue will be mailed to the student's address on file with the university. You can arrange to have your check mailed immediately by contacting the Finance Office at (323) 563-5824 or firstname.lastname@example.org.