Deadlines for Admission and Financial Aid
Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science (CDU) encourages prospective students to adhere to the following application deadlines, which were established to support the financial aid processing timeline. All applicants are encouraged to apply for federal financial aid at the time they apply for admission to an academic degree program, or as early as January 1 of each year.
November 30, 2020
April 30, 2021
July 30, 2021
*Priority Admission for Fall 2021 Undergraduate programs is May 1st 2021
Master of Science in Nursing (FNP and PMHNP)
Post Master’s Certificate (FNP and PMHNP)
Spring 2021 Deadline: Applications now open and closes November 30 2020
Summer 2021 Deadline: Applications now open and closes April 30 2021
Fall 2021 Deadline: Applications now open and closes July 30 2021
Master of Science Nursing-ELM:
Spring 2021 Deadline: November 30 2020
Fall 2021 Deadline: July 30 2021
Master of Science in Physician Assistant (CASPA)
Fall 2021 Deadline: Applications open April 2020 and closes Sept 1 2020
Master of Science in Biomedical Sciences (PostBacCAS)
Fall 2021 Deadline: Applications open Jan 2021 and closes June 30 2021
Enhanced Post Baccalaureate Pre-Medicine (PostBacCAS)
Fall 2021 Deadline: Applications open Dec 15 2020 and closes March 16 2021
Master of Public Health, Urban Health Disparities (SOPHAS)
Fall 2021 Deadline: Opens last week of August 2020 and closes August 2 2021
NOTE: CDU programs offer rolling admissions. Applications are considered after the recommended deadlines until the class is filled. Please note, some programs have separate deadlines, please review the program deadlines on the associated centralized application service platforms (I.E. CASPA, SOPHAS, PostbacCAS)
January 1st to March 2nd
- Deadline for Cal Grant Eligible students to apply for the Cal Grant. For information on HOW to complete the Cal Grant Application: https://www.csac.ca.gov/how-apply
- Student applies for federal financial aid online at http://www.fafsa.gov/ . The Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science code is 013653.
- It is recommended for students who meet eligibility criteria to submit a FAFSA and all required documents by March 2nd
- Financial aid award letters will be available and mailed within two to three weeks from receipt of all required financial aid documents.
- National deadline for incoming first time in college students to submit their intent to enroll for fall .
- Note: It is recommended to submit the intent to enroll and the tuition deposit within two weeks of being accepted. Many programs at CDU are impacted.