The Office of International Affairs oversees a range of essential services directed at sending CDU to the world and bringing the world to CDU. Our office helps foster the Global-International Experience that is outlined in the CDU Advantage. We facilitate the promotion of academic and research exchange, as well as study and service abroad. Our purpose is to cultivate the interconnectedness of global and local issues. We value opportunities to establish international collaborations with other organizations that share a similar vision of "excellent health and wellness for all in a world without health disparities". To accomplish this vision, the Office of International Affairs encourages:
- Academic curriculum that incorporates international and global health competencies
- Study abroad opportunities around the world to gain experience, expertise and a global perspective
- Integration of international students into student body and generation of environment that encourages from all cultures and backgrounds
- Diplomats on global health series to bring scholars from all around the world to share their countries background, culture, health issues and disparities with students, faculty and staff.
- Faculty and staff who are involved in international teaching, research, and public service programs
- Faculty, staff, and students involved in international training and development assistance programs
- Nationally recognized interdisciplinary centers for international studies serving students and faculty members
- Linkages with universities and research centers abroad to promote international student and faculty exchange and establish field experiences.
Dr. Lejeune Y. Lockett, DM, MSPH
Director, Office of International Affairs
P (323) 357-3458 | F (323) 563-4835