The Charles Drew Information Systems Helpdesk provides phone, web and in person technical support to the campus community. All calls are logged and tracked to assure good service. We provide support for both hardware and software, as well as network connectivity (Cabling, switches, routers), and telephones.
Helpdesk phone number: (323) 563-4990
- Helpdesk Contact Information
- Student Wireless Information
- Reset CDU Password Using Password Manager
- Multi-factor Authentication For Office 365 Enrollment
For support or service for the telephone systems, please call (323) 563-4990
Helpdesk phone service hours:
8:00 A.M.- 5:00 P.M. Monday - Friday PST
On-site service hours:
8:00 A.M.- 4:45 P.M. M-F
Limits to hardware and software support:
The Helpdesk can only provide hardware repair or replacement if the computer is under a manufacturer’s warranty that covers such repairs. Replacement parts and service outside of warranty is the responsibility of the computer owner.
Software support is limited to programs licensed by the University for the entire campus, and are generally limited to standard desktop productivity software, or campus administrative systems (e.g. Great Plains and PowerCampus). While the Helpdesk will make an effort to help, programs that are purchased by individual departments are the responsibility of that department.
Your network account username and password are your keys to the information resources the University provides. They also provide access to systems that contain your personal information, student information, and protected health information. Therefore, it is extremely important that you guard your password carefully!
The University has adopted a policy on password security which requires that all e-mail and network users, including faculty, staff, students and consultants are now required to change their network passwords at a minimum of every six months.
We have implemented a self-service password recovery system to aid you in managing your network password. This system will allow you to change your password, unlock your account or reset your password if forgotten. All users must register their accounts with the new Password Manager.
Register for password recovery with the Password Manager system by going to: https://psswrd.cdrewu.edu/ and clicking the “Enroll into SSRPM” button.
Changing your password:
- If your computer is on campus and on the CDREWU Domain (most computers on campus are): Press CTL-Atl-Del keys at the same time, and select “Change password” from the list of options you are given.
- If your computer is not part of the CDREWU domain or you are off campus: Use the Self-service Password Manager by going to https://psswrd.cdrewu.edu/and clicking the “Reset your password” button. You will be prompted for your challenge responses, and then a new password. This link is also available off the main Charles Drew Web Page under Resources for Faculty and Staff “Password Manager”
If you have not enrolled with the Password Manager, and your account locks, you will need to come to the Information Systems Office (Cobb 241) to unlock or change your password. We will not reset passwords over the phone.
Please read the attached password policy Section 4.2 for information on choosing an appropriate password.
Please contact the Helpdesk firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance with this process or call 323-563-4990