RN-BSN Admissions Requirements
- $50 application fee
- Official transcripts from all regionally accredited post-secondary schools attended
- Current unrestricted RN License to practice professional nursing in the state of California or current state/country of practice (Post-Licensure)
- Minimum GPA of a 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Fulfillment of all General Studies (GE) courses with a grade of “C” or better prior to the completion of the RN-BSN program (All transcripts will be evaluated upon submission, applicants will be notified of GE status upon acceptance into the RN-BSN program)
- One (1) Letter of Recommendation (academic/professional) - Recommendation form is required
- Personal Goal Statement:
- Please explain why you would like to become a student at Charles R. Drew University of Medicine & Science.
- How does the completion of a degree at CDU offer you an opportunity to serve an underserved community?
- Statement must be 1-2 pages typed (double-spaced, maximum 500 words)
RN-BSN Admission Policies
Applicants work with an assigned advisor to complete the application process. Admission requirements include:
Overall GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Completion of all prerequisites with a minimum grade of C.
- If not completed, student must complete missing General Education or transfer courses while taking RN-BSN courses. Student must understand their individualized curriculum plan may be longer than three semesters depending on the number of GE/transfer courses needed to complete the required 120 units for Bachelors’ Degree.
- Hepatitis B completed series due at program application. Titer are accepted.
- TB screen test (2-step due at application and annually). If contraindicated, submit either a chest x-ray taken within the last 2 year or a medical recommendation.
- Current Health Care Provider CPR
- Physical Examination Records
- Evidence of malpractice insurance