Spring 2021 Return to Campus
Requirements for Individuals Scheduled and Approved to be on CDU Campus
The University requires that employees and students scheduled and approved to come to campus:
- Take the CDU Daily Screening.
- Have a current season flu vaccine.
- Have a negative COVID-19 test result taken on campus.
Upon arrival to campus, be prepared to:
- Obtain a required COVID-19 rapid test on campus.
- Have your temperature checked.
- Show the CDU daily health screening email with a green badge, indicating you are approved to be on campus.
- Obtain a color sticker for the day
The CDU COVID-19 testing schedule with instructions for downloading the NAVICA app required for testing may be accessed here.
Additional public health prevention of COVID-19 include:
- Stay home when you are sick. Anyone with symptoms consistent with COVID 19 should remain at home in isolation for a minimum of 10 days plus at least 24 hours after the resolution of fever (without fever-reducing medication) and improvement in other symptoms.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Sing the Happy Birthday song to help know when it has been 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use alcohol-based hand sanitizers that contain at least 60% alcohol.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue, and then dispose of the tissue and clean your hands immediately. If you do not have a tissue, use their sleeve, not your hands, to cover their coughs and sneezes.
- Limit close contact with people who are sick, and avoid sharing food, drinks, or utensils.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipes.
- Everyone should wear a mask or face covering while in the Educational Setting.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions
Dear CDU Students, Faculty, Staff, and Vendors
We hope you are staying safe and well during this very challenging summer. Our Board of Trustees and other University Leaders are thinking of you all as we plan the Fall 2020 semester and our very limited return to campus.
Our planning for Fall has been done cautiously and deliberately to allow us to remain nimble as COVID-19 cases in Southern California continue to rise. Preparing the campus to accommodate reduced on-campus density in an environment that maintains the health and safety of students, faculty, staff and vendors and occasional visitors and in accordance with county, state and federal guidelines is our utmost priority.
As you know, the COVID-19 pandemic has changed our normal way of life and conducting business. The advent of the Fall semester does not mean a return to business as usual.
Please click on the link above to review the expectations of all returning to campus safely, and on the link to the right to review our entire Return to Campus plan. We have worked very hard to ensure the safest possible environment for students, faculty, staff and vendors that complies with all public health guidelines for higher education.
Thank you for your flexibility and commitment to CDU.
Dr. David M. Carlisle
President and CEO