Goals and Objective
Instructional Goal: To provide an exemplary public health education in urban health disparities for underrepresented racial/ethnic minority students, particularly those from medically underserved communities, for careers in underserved settings.
- The percentage of matriculating underrepresented racially/ethnically students and/or students from medically underserved communities.
- The percentage of alumni in organizations/agencies that address the health needs of underserved communities.
- The percentage of employers in organizations/agencies that address the health needs of underserved communities responding to the employer survey who rate the overall performance CDU’s MPH graduate in the workplace at 4 or better on a 5-point satisfaction scale.
- Faculty participation in pedagogy-focused professional activities designed to integrate new public health knowledge, practice and policy in the classrooms.
Research Goal: To promote the participation of MPH students and MPH faculty in urban health disparities research.
- Urban health disparities scholarship conducted by MPH faculty
- The number of funded research grants addressing urban health disparities in which MPH faculty are either PIs, Co-Investigator, Consultants or Collaborators
- MPH students who submit scholarly work for oral or posters presentations in PH conferences and/or Program PH open forums/events each year.
Service Goal: To promote the participation of MPH students and MPH faculty in community health services that address urban health disparities in underserved populations, and to support the development of a well-trained and professional public health workforce.
- Community outreach and service activities conducted by the MPH body, outside the required classes, that promote health to underserved communities.
- Community service activities conducted by MPH faculty per year.
- Professional development activities sponsored or co-sponsored by the MPH program per year.