How to Apply
Submitting Your Application
Thank you for your interest in a residency at CDU. All applications to our programs and supporting documents must be submitted through the Electronic Residency Application System (ERAS). The selection committee for each program will review your completed application and you will be notified of your interview status.
Please note: all applicants must be legally able to attend school or work in the United States prior to applying. We do not sponsor J1* or H1 Visas. (*For Family Medicine residency candidates, please see that program page for J1 Visa exceptions.)
To complete our application process, please submit all of the following completed materials through ERAS:
- Medical/osteopathic school transcript
- MSPE (dean's letter) from medical/osteopathic school
- Personal statement
- Curriculum vitae
- USMLE/COMLEX-USA Transcript:
- A passing score on USMLE Step I and Step II Clinical Knowledge and Clinical Skills (Step II Clinical Skills before May 2020 only)
- Or a passing score on COMLEX-USA Level 1 and 2 is required for all trainees prior to beginning a CDU/ GME program.
- To meet this requirement, applicants should have passed USMLE Step II (CK and CS if applicable) or Level 2 (CE and PE) prior to placement on CDU rank order lists (prior to mid-February).
- Three letters of recommendation:
- At least one letter needs to be from a faculty licensed in the specialty you are applying for who can comment directly on your clinical performance in that work
- Letters from individual faculty members are preferred
Additional requirements for graduates of international medical schools (except Canadian) and 5th Pathway Students:
- Evidence of having passed the USMLE Step 1 and Step 2 exams or COMLEX-USA Level 1 and 2
- ECFMG Certification
Please Apply Through the Following Link:
Please note: due to COVID-19 restrictions, our interview process may be modified to reflect CDC and ACGME guidelines for interviewing
Interviews cannot be scheduled until all required documents listed above have been received. It is the responsibility of each applicant to ensure that his or her application is complete.
- Interviews are held from approximately mid-October through mid-February of the following year