Application Requirement FAQ
- What are your USMLE minimum score requirements?
We require all applicants to have taken and passed the appropriate exams indicated in our application process by the time of application. No minimum score is required.
- By the time of application, do you need us to be fully ECFMG certified?
Yes, all applicants need to have full ECFMG certification at time of application.
- Do you have a program application deadline? If yes, hat is the cutoff date?
Please refer to the ERAS- Electronic Residency Application Service for application deadlines and cut off dates. https://www.aamc.org/services/eras/
- Do you sponsor the H1 visa?
No. Our program does not sponsor H1 Visas.
- Do you accept the ECFMG-sponsored J1 visa?
Currently only our programs Family Medicine residency accepts ECFMG-sponsored J1 visas.
*Please see our Family Medicine program pages for more information on the circumstances under which they will accept applicants holding this visa. https://www.cdrewu.edu/com/GME/FMRP
- Do you have specific requirements for letters of recommendations?
Our only requirement is that applicants submit three letters of recommendation.
- Do you have international medical graduates in your program?
Yes, we do, but the international medical graduates in our program were US citizens or permanent residents at the time of their application.
- Do we accept visiting residents?
No. Our program does not accept visiting residents.