Financial Aid and Scholarships
- AmeriCorps places thousands of young adults into intensive service positions where they learn valuable work skills, earn money for education, and develop an appreciation for citizenship. It is possible to have these service positions before or after college/graduate school. The money would be used for tuition payments or loan repayment.
Armed Forces Student Debt Relief
- Army, Navy and Air Force recruiters can offer you special programs for repaying student debt.
Federal Student Aid Gateway
- U.S. Department of Education website for tools, information and application for financial aid.
Free Credit Reports
- The Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) requires each of the nationwide credit reporting companies — Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion — to provide you with a free copy of your credit report, at your request, once every 12 months.
Military College Loan Repayment Program (CLRP)
- Under the program, the military will repay a portion of eligible college loans for non-prior service military members. This program is for non-prior service enlisted personnel, only.
National Institutes of Health (NIH) – Medical
- The NIH Loan Repayment Programs (LRPs) are a set of programs established by Congress and designed to recruit and retain highly qualified health professionals into biomedical or biobehavioral research careers.
U.S. Office of Personnel Management - Federal employees
- The program implements 5 U.S.C. 5379, which authorizes agencies to set up their own student loan repayment programs to attract or retain highly qualified employees.
US Veterans Affairs Benefits
- Website for veterans and financial aid administrators to assist veterans.