Financial Aid and Scholarships
Federal Student Aid Gateway
- U.S. Department of Education website for tools, information and application for financial aid.
- Provides tools, information, calculators, etc. to assist students, parents and financial aid administrators
US Veterans Affairs Benefits
- Website for veterans and financial aid administrators to assist veterans.
- Scholarship search engine
Money Management International (MMI) - This website is geared to helping individuals improve financial skills.
Better Money Habits
– Personal finance videos/information
Annual Credit Report
- Obtain a free copy of credit report from each of the credit bureaus every 12 months.
Manage My Direct Loan
– This website is the U.S. Department of Education source to manage federal student loans.
Coalition of Higher Education Assistance Organization
- COHEAO serves as a partnership of colleges, universities, and organizations dedicated to promoting the Federal Campus-Based loan programs and other student financial services.
- AmeriCorps places thousands of young adults into intensive service positions where they learn valuable work skills, earn money for education, and develop an appreciation for citizenship. It is possible to have these service positions before or after college/graduate school. The money would be used for tuition payments or loan repayment.
Federal Student Aid Public Interest Loan Forgiveness
- The Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program forgives the remaining balance on your Direct Loans after you have made 120 qualifying monthly payments under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer.
Armed Forces Student Debt Relief
- Army, Navy and Air Force recruiters can offer you special programs for repaying student debt.
Military College Loan Repayment Program (CLRP)
- Under the program, the military will repay a portion of eligible college loans for non-prior service military members. This program is for non-prior service enlisted personnel, only.
National Institutes of Health (NIH) – Medical
- The NIH Loan Repayment Programs (LRPs) are a set of programs established by Congress and designed to recruit and retain highly qualified health professionals into biomedical or biobehavioral research careers.
U.S. Office of Personnel Management - Federal employees
- The program implements 5 U.S.C. 5379, which authorizes agencies to set up their own student loan repayment programs to attract or retain highly qualified employees.