Student Government/ Student Life
CDSG 2014 Brochure
COSH Student Organization Officers 2014-2015
Charles Drew Student Government (CDSG) is a student led organization comprised of student leaders from various allied health programs within Charles Drew University of Medicine and Science (CDU). CDSG encourages freedom of scholarship, preserves and encourages student rights, promotes a unified and cohesive student body, and maintains forums to discuss student views.
To promote unity within the student body by maintaining and exercising students’ right to voice their views, interests, and needs. In addition, the mission of CDSG also works in accordance with the mission of CDU, which is to conduct education, research and clinical services in the context of community engagement, to train health professionals who promote wellness, provide care with excellence and compassion, and transform the health of underserved communities. Lastly, CDSG works diligently to create student leaders who will carry on the legacy and mission of Dr. Charles R. Drew onto their professional careers.
For information about the Charles Drew Student Government, Please contact Darlene Parker-Kelly, CDSG Advisor, (323) 563-9340
President: Shelly-Anne Stewart
Vice President: Dorshey Jackson
Secretary: Derrick Delgado
Treasurer: Darrin Ward
Judicial Affairs Representative
1: Mysha Smith Judicial Affairs Representative
2: Ciarra Jones
Student Affairs Representative
1: TBD Student Affairs Representative
- Darlene Parker-Kelly, DarleneParkerkelly@cdrewu.edu, (323) 563-9340
- John Isaac, JohnIsaac@cdrewu.edu, (323) 563-5886
CDSG Fall 2014 Calendar
- Orientation-Aug.11th &12th
- Demystifying App.Pro.(COM)-Aug 23rd
- Welcome Week—August 25-31
- CDSG Meeting—August 27
- Student Forum—-Sept 3rd
- Delta Epsilon Iota launch—Sept 8th
- Pizza with the Dean—Sept. 11
- Dodger Day—-Sept.
- National Alcohol and Drug mth.—Sept
- Unity Day-TBA
- State of the University—Oct. 3rd
- Pizza with the Dean—Oct 9th
- Blood Drive-Oct.16th
- CDU/Sat. Science Acad. Health fair-Oct
- Canned Food Drive— Nov.
- Student Forum-Nov.
- Pizza with the Dean —Nov. 13th
- Project Santa Claus-Dec
- Mission Maker Fundraising-Dec
- Pizza with the Dean-Dec. 11th
CDSG MEMBERS ARE INVOLVED WITH…..
- CDSG SENATORS
- CDSG MEETINGS & ELECTIONS
- BOARD OF TRUSTEES MEETINGS
- COMMUNITY OUTREACH
- PERSONAL GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
- NETWORKING OPPORTUNITIES
- EVENTS AND ACTIVITES
- MUCH MORE….
THIS IS YOUR UNIVERSITY BECOME A PART OF CDSG…
- MUST BE A CURRENT CDU STUDENT
- MUST HAVE AT LEAST A 3.O G.P.A
- MUST HAVE ATTENDED AT LEAST ONE MEETING
- MUST BE NOMINATED BY CDU STUDENTS.
Please contact Shelly-Anne Stewart or other officers for more details.