RCMI Scientific Advisory Committees
The full RCMI External Advisory Committee (REAC) is composed of five members. The committee meets twice per year, at full-day in-person meetings on the CDU campus. Members are also available for consultation on an ongoing basis. All of the members of the REAC are experts in their respective disciplines; they are all familiar with the work of specific core members and will be able to provide guidance to improve the productivity and competitiveness of the RCMI program.
The REAC conducted an institutional assessment which helped:
- develop the program’s conceptual framework;
- plan the program; and
- structure and critique the program’s application.
The REAC will also:
- evaluate progress toward goals;
- recommend changes and improvements;
- encourage faculty development and mentoring;
- identify new sources of funding to ensure that the program is being supported adequately and that the research environment remains productive and competitive; and
- conduct institutional assessment. Advisors from this committee will be available to provide guidance for individual cores, based upon their area of expertise.
...............................................................................RCMI External Advisory Committee MembersHenry W. Foster, Jr., M.D.
, Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Meharry Medical College, and Member, Board of Directors, Charles Drew University of Medicine and ScienceJerry Guyden, Ph.D.
, RCMI Program Director, Professor Department of Biology, City College, CUNYMarc H. Hedrick, M.D.
, President, Cytori Therapeutics, and Associate Professor of Surgery and Pediatrics, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLAMartin Shapiro, M.D.
, Chief, Division of General Internal Medicine and Health Services Research, Professor of Medicine David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLALuann Wilkerson, Ed.D.
, Sr. Associate Dean-Education, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Office of the Dean-Center for Education Development and Research