|The Employee Relations function is handled by the Department of Human Resources and Academic Personnel. Our Human Resources Specialist and Consultants are available to assist management, supervisors, faculty, and staff. The following services are offered:
- Provides counsel and advice regarding employment-related inquiries
- Assists in the interpretation of University policies and procedures
- Provides confidential* consultation (*to the extent allowed by law)
- Assists management and employees with workplace conflict resolution
- Advises employees regarding their employment rights and responsibilities
- Advises supervisors regarding their management rights and responsibilities
- Assist management with coaching and performance management
- Facilitates communication strategies regarding employee and employer issues and concerns
Contact the Department of Human Resources at 323-563-5827 or firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a consultation meeting with the Employee Relations Specialist or a Human Resources Consultant.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science also provides an Employee Assistance Program through the Managed Health Network, a Health Net Company (MHN). MHN provides resources to help employees and their family members address both everyday issues as well as more serious matters confidentially. This plan includes 24-hour Hotline assistance and 3 face-to-face counseling sessions per year. In addition, MHN provides resources on childcare and eldercare assistance, financial, legal, identity theft recovery and daily living services. Benefit eligible employees are automatically enrolled.
To read more about the Employee Assistance Program, click here.