What is SPUR?
CDU's Summer Program for Undergraduate Research provides students with experience in research laboratories and exposure to clinical medicine and medically-relevant research under the guidance of seasoned research mentors at CDU. Students will experience the process of research as a creative intellectual activity, and will be able to earn academic credits.
SPUR is modeled on the grant-seeking process:
- Students collaborate with potential mentors to define and develop a project
- Applicants write research proposals for their projects
- A faculty committee reviews the proposals and recommends awards
- Students carry out the work over a 10-week period in the summer, late-May to mid-August
- At the conclusion of the program, the participants submit a technical paper and give an oral presentation at SPUR Seminar Day, a symposium structured as a professional technical meeting.
Click above for a list of programs that are allied with the SPUR program.