Post-Baccalaureate Program in Pre-Medicine
The Post-Baccalaureate program at The Charles R. Drew University is integrated with the undergraduate curriculum in the University’s Department of Health and Life Sciences. Our students enjoy the same intellectual energy, faculty attention and laboratory facilities as full-time undergraduates.
The program aims to develop critical thinking and test-taking skills within a rigorous academic setting. Our program seeks to optimize each student’s likelihood of success through individualized programs of instruction combined with small class sizes and one-on-one attention. Post-Baccalaureate Certificate holders are able to:
- Recognize physical, chemical, biological and biochemical foundations of living systems.
- Synthesize and integrate scientific concepts and principles to develop evidenced based problem solving skills upon completion of the Post Baccalaureate Certificate program.
- Implement verbal reasoning and writing skills to employ test taking strategies in the completion of professional health exams.
- Interpret the social, psychological, and biological foundation of behavior and their impact on society in the context of health and well-being.
In accordance with the University's mission, the Post-Baccalaureate Certificate Program challenges its students to become leaders in their field and in society. Strong ethical values are fostered and developed.
Small Class Size - Each year a new class of up to 40 students are accepted into the program.
PhD-Level Instructors - Classes are taught by PhD level, CDU/UCLA faculty with multiple years of teaching experience who are experts in their chosen field.
Individualized Attention - Students will have the opportunity to work closely with professors in a small class environment. Students will also have ample opportunities to:
- Interact with academic counselors and departmental staff
- Advance communication and test-taking skills through special workshops
- Receive personalized academic advisory, career exploration assistance, and medical school interview preparation
Post-Baccalaureate Program in Pre-Medicine Home