How to Apply for Financial Aid
There are just a few easy steps to follow when applying for financial aid for the 2012/2013 academic year:
- Complete the 2012/2013 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or a Renewal FAFSA. The FAFSA must be completed online at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Be sure to enter The Charles R. Drew Federal School Code 013653. Please be advised this is a FREE application. You should NOT PAY to have your FAFSA completed.
- The Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships maintains the right to request additional information as required to process student applications, including income verification, tax returns, non-taxable income certification, verification of non-filing of tax returns, verification of house hold size, number of family members in college, amongst others. Specific questions about financial aid should be referred to the Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships. If additional information or documentation is required applicants will be contacted in writing.
- The Office of Financial Aid will process awards for all student applications upon successful acceptance to the university and send an Award Notification Letter within 3-4 weeks.
For identification purposes please submit to the Charles Drew Office of Financial Aid a copy of your driver’s license or state Identification card along with a copy and social security card; and, if applicable for permanent resident or eligible non-citizen status, both sides of form I-151 or I-551 Alien Registration card (green card), U.S. passport or certificate of naturalization will be needed for identification.
In order to receive financial assistance, students must meet the following criteria:
- Student must be enrolled as a matriculated student in an eligible academic program.
- Student must be a United States citizen, a permanent resident, eligible non-citizen, a citizen of the Federated States of Micronesia, the Marshall Islands or a permanent resident of the Trust Territory of the Pacific Island (Palau)
Federal verification requirements apply to the following programs:
- Federal Pell Grant
- Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)
- Federal Work Study Program
- Federal Student Loan Programs.
Applications selected for verification by the federal process will require additional documentation.
If further documentation is required to complete the financial aid application process, the Office of Financial Aid will contact you.
Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships
Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science
or for quick responses